Finally passed CCNA after multiple failures

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by greekgeek, Oct 23, 2007.

1. greekgeek

greekgeek New Member

I failed the CCNA several times over this past summer. I struggled within 3-5% of a passing grade! It was maddening. I used the official Cisco Press books and the Boson router simulator.

I finally passed a few weeks ago after logging on to http://www.howtonetwork.net. Paul Browning is an excellent instructor and his subnetting "secrets" was the thing that pushed me over the edge. It was very helpful.

If you are studying for this exam, please consider checking out Paul's material. It's great stuff and he is very, very helpful.

Thanks and good luck!

2. oztrailrider

oztrailrider Nibble Poster

Congrats on the pass!. They always say persistence pays off, I am glad you found some good material that helped you through. Planning on tackling any further certs after a break?.

Certifications: MCP (70-270)
    WIP: A+
  3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Greetings, greekgeek and congratulations. It's customary for first time posters at CF to introduce themselves in the New Members forum, particularly before making resource recommendations:

http://www.certforums.co.uk/forums/forum21.html

Please feel free to give us a proper "hello" there and tell us a bit more about yourself, your goals and how CertForums can be of assistance. Cheers.

-Trip

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  4. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA