(Finally) Light at the end of the tunnel for me

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by jo74, Dec 7, 2011.

1. jo74

jo74 Byte Poster

Applied for a job with a media company and, after the assessment day, got the job...and it's in tech support. Maybe it's not strictly a first line IT support job but beggars can't be choosers at the moment and it's a start.:D

Also I've been put down on a list for a (for wont of a better word) 'proper' IT tech job (though an agency).:D

And so I've been 'saved' from the Royal Mail (though given the shambles their recruitment's been this year... :ohmy) and a certain retailer's warehouse (never fancied walking 14 miles a day, not with with my belly :oops:).

I also had my first ever phone interview for a proper IT support job the day before, didn't go brilliantly, but learnt some things for future interviews.:)

Though I had to explain what the A+ and Network+ were (though whether that was to test me or not, I don't know).

Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
    Certifications: A+, N+, Sec+
    WIP: CCENT, CCNA
  2. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

Sounds like a start to me mate. Congratulations. :)

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  3. Boffy

Boffy Megabyte Poster

Congrats!

Media companies are cool to work in, its definitely a good move.

Don't be put down by the lack of their IT certification knowledge. CompTIA exams aren't as known in the UK, but it is so important for you to understand that knowledge when working in IT.

So, when do you start? 8)

Certifications: BSc Computer Game Technology, A+
    WIP: MOS 2010
  4. jo74

jo74 Byte Poster

Thanks for the replies, I start on Monday. So fewer money worries for Xmas.:D

Certifications: A+, N+, Sec+
    WIP: CCENT, CCNA