Finally an interview! Need Help

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Moudud Ahmed, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Moudud Ahmed

Moudud Ahmed Bit Poster

Hi finally have an interview for an internship position. I need help preparing for it.

Job Description:
    We are recruiting a graduate for a Customer IT Support Internship in the Infrastructure Team at Health Education England (formerly the London Deanery). This internship is full time and will last 12 weeks; interns will be considered for full time roles on completion of the internship. This role is for an immediate start around the beginning of May.

Health Education England

Health Education England is the NHS body responsible for commissioning dental, medical and non-medical education and training for the NHS.Prior to April 2013 medical and dental education and training was commissioned by deaneries, with strategic health authorities commissioning non-medical education and training. At a local level education is commissioned through Local Education Training Boards (LETBs).The three LETBs for London are Health Education North Central and East London, Health Education North West London and Health Education South London. A new Shared Services, currently hosted by Health Education South London, provides all three LETBs with support services such as HR and IT.

The Role

The Customer Support Analyst is responsible for logging and providing first line support for all requests, queries and issues concerning all services provided by Shared Information Services (SIS). The users are the 500 or so staff within the three LETBs and the Shared Service plus the thousands of trainees across London who use systems created and/or maintained by Health Education England in London.

Core duties and responsibilities for the role:
    Provide first line support for all SIS services in line with agreed service levels
    Ensure that all support requests are logged and tracked to resolution, handing off to second line support where necessary, keeping customer fully informed of status and actions, and escalating issues when required
    Ensure that all service and change requests are logged and correctly routed in accordance with standards and agreed service levels
    Keep customers informed of all service outages and related matters
    Maintain a good understanding of IT solutions and service
    Maintain the knowledge base and develop support documentation as required
    Loan out and set up laptops, projectors, and similar equipment, ensuring that accurate records of the movement of all assets are maintained
    Actively support on-going service improvements within Service Desk and across the Directorate as a whole
    Work with second line staff to resolve all queries within the time specified in the SLA

The above list is not intended to be exhaustive. You may be asked to carry out other duties appropriate to your level and skills.

The following skills will be essential for the role and will be tested at the interview stage:
    The ability to maintain an up to date knowledge of the application systems and services provided by Shared Information Services
    The ability to provide a responsive first line support service to users in a manner that meets or exceeds service level agreements
    The ability to document and maintain an up to date knowledge base required to provide excellent services to customers
    The ability to monitor and report on the delivery of customer support in line with agreed service levels, and proposing improvement ·opportunities
    The ability to manage IT assets, and set up laptops and similar equipment for users
    The ability to authorise users to access systems and services in compliance with policies and standards

The Candidate

The candidate will have recently graduated with an IT-related degree or be able to give examples of work experience that demonstrates that they will be capable of carrying out this technical role.

The successful candidate will also have the following attributes:
    Good team player
    Able to prioritise workload and meet demanding deadlines
    Able to take the initiative when required
    Personable manner
    Able to work calmly under pressure
    Commitment to equal opportunities
    Excellent customer services skills

2. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Well what help do you need? because being honest with you, you haven't said what it is that you're lacking in.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  3. Moudud Ahmed

Moudud Ahmed Bit Poster

Apologies I should have mentioned what I am lacking in. I need help mostly with competency based questions.

4. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Well I don't mean to be harsh but... well that's the idea of the competency based questions, to see if you're competent in the subjects that they want. Either you know the stuff they want or don't, if you don't do you know the right place to find the answer, would you be able to, if given prods, get to the right answer.

It's honestly not that difficult, they aren't out to make you suffer, they want to know if you're capable of doing the job.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  5. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

... yeah so anyway

Hope your interview went well I know what you mean though.. I get tongue tied with competency questions even when I know how to answer. Its all to do with confidence really. Late reply but sincerely hope you got the job

6. Moudud Ahmed

Moudud Ahmed Bit Poster

It went really good. I have gotten the job. One of the big reasons why I got the job is because I researched the company which differentiated between me and the other candidates. I think the main thing is be yourself. By being yourself you will be able to answer the questions.