Feel like I've been screwed over

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by mad_maxx, Apr 17, 2008.

1. mad_maxx

mad_maxx Bit Poster

I've just spent the last few days producing a setup guide to allow our end users to configure their Windows Mobile Devices. The guide has been produced to an extremely high standard, and even features screenshots (taken from a Windows Mobile Emulator) and photos of the devices themselves. It is literally a step-by-step guide.

The corporate standard for our documentation is to include the name of the author, the owner (eg our company), and the client.

I have been off work today, and have seen from E-mails I've been CC'd into today that my name has been removed from the Author field on the documentation and replaced with the name of my team.

To say I'm not happy is an understatement. I will be having words tomorrow. Anyone know the best way of broaching this?

Certifications: MCSE:Messaging
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

LIARS! IT'S MY STUDY GUIDE!!!! I WROTE IT!!!! :dry

Okay, maybe that's not the best way. :biggrin

Are other documents created by people on your team notated the same way? If not, you have a valid argument. If so, your argument is weakened.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

What he said :biggrin

All of my "how to" guides have been sent to customers with the company name on it. Im the only one who bothers to do them anyways :rolleyes:

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  4. NightWalker

NightWalker Gigabyte Poster

All the documentation we produce has the authors name on.

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCP, MCSA:M 2003, ITIL v3 Foundation
  5. mad_maxx

mad_maxx Bit Poster

The document was written entirely by me without anyone else assisting me. Other documents produced by the IT Department feature the name of the person who wrote them.

Certifications: MCSE:Messaging
  6. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

I would think you have a valid reason to discuss why your name was removed... mind you, that said, provided your boss knows it was you, and if he/she is the person who gives you the good reports that get you the payrises, is there an impact?

7. Wassup

Wassup Byte Poster

I always add my name to guides and if they removed it, then I think you have every right to ask why.
    Probably best to do it whilst holding your emotions in check though ;)

good luck