Faronics Deep Freeze

Discussion in 'Software' started by BB88, Jan 27, 2012.

1. BB88

BB88 Kilobyte Poster Gold Member

Hi, I have been testing a trial version of Faronics Deep Freeze Enterprise in our corporate environment, and am wondering if anybody else has used it in such an environment?

We intend to use it in Public Access Areas and Computer Rooms to stop malicious damage to the machines, and allowing the machines to be restored back to the state we intended.

If anybody has used Faronics, or something similar that allows managing from a console so we can freeze/thaw computers for changes/upgrades, or allowing remote cloning with freezing/thawing, I would be very grateful for your response.

Certifications: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, MCSA: Office 365,, 70-410, 70-680
    WIP: CompTIA: Security+
  2. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Seen it used in countless internet cafes around the world...

3. PPD2387

PPD2387 Byte Poster

We use Deep Freeze on a group of Windows 7 laptops that are used by external clients for training purposes. Does exactly what it says on the tin and doesn't seem to have any impact on system performance. Boot 'thawed' and restoration procedures are quick and simple. I would definitely recommend it for your requirements.