Fan in side door problem???

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by albertc30, May 14, 2010.

1. albertc30

albertc30 Kilobyte Poster

Hello everybody.

I want to do this fan on the side door of my thermaltake tower but want to do it in such way that there is no need to unplug cables when taking the door out.

I have seen ways of doing it with small circuit boards on booth sides, the tower and the door, that make the power contact when touching.

As anyone done this before and where can I get these parts?

Or any DIY ideia that works is more than welcome.

Cheers.

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: 220-701 - A+
  2. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Extend the fan cable, I have\had (its in my garage gathering dust) an old case that had a fan on the side and it just used a long cable to the fan, worked just fine.

FYI however, you would probably be better having an intake at the front of your case, with an exhause either on the top or the rear of it. You can even get intake fans that sit in the 5 1/4 drive bays.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  3. albertc30

albertc30 Kilobyte Poster

Hello SimonD.

How's it going mate?

I have the standard 120mm intake fan in front of my Thermaltake Soprano DX with filter. I also have the exhaust one out the back; it's a 120mm one.

As I have sorted out all the cables inside, as you may have seen it on my previous post which you were great help, I have managed to decrease the inside temperature by 10 degrees on booth motherboard and CPU. I am not overclocking yet but might do so in the near future but I am keen on seeing how much more will it drop if I get another intake fan to the side.
    As I have done all cables neatly, I want to do this one as well without the problem of a wire hanging out when you get the side panel out so, if I could come up with some sort of way to have like sort of contacts on the side panel and the chassis would be great and even more neat.

Thanks for your comment and will most certainly follow your advice for the meantime until I can come up with something better if at all. I guess I can always have a bigger cable and just have it done neatly as I have done to the others.

Have a nice weekend.

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: 220-701 - A+