Failed Network+

Discussion in 'Network+' started by Jay_7, May 13, 2008.

1. Jay_7

Jay_7 Nibble Poster

Absolutely fuming! Score of 534 when I've been getting 90% and above on practice exams.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP
    WIP: CCNA 200-120
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

bad luck, what practice exams have you been using?

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. Jay_7

Jay_7 Nibble Poster

Sybex practice exams that came with the N+ book and online tests offered to me by someone I know that has access to NITLC student net.

4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I would have a look at some of the ones that cost money, like transcender, preplogic for the N+. Boson don't do one yet by the looks of things but that probably wont be too far away.

When it comes to practice exams it seems to me that the legit ones that cost money are the best.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. Jay_7

Jay_7 Nibble Poster

I've heard of Preplogic before but I've never purchased anything from them. What makes their exams better than the one's I've done? Surely if Sybex include exams with the text book they should be as good as everything else?

6. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

As you've just learned, passing mock exams is no guarentee of anything. You might want to spend some time understanding the areas of the exam content where you needed to know more. If a pattern emerges, you should probably focus your studies in those areas. Good luck on your second go.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  7. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I think we're gonna wait for the Network+ exam change in early 2009. Otherwise, we'd get less than a year out of our efforts.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  8. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

The exams I created for my Sybex book (70-620) were good... but they were nowhere near the level of quality I put into my practice exams. I could crank out 20 chapter questions in a night for the book... but only a few high-quality practice exam questions in a full 8-hour day. I can't speak specifically for PrepLogic... but you typically get what you pay for with these practice exam products.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  9. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

The exams with the book are testing you on the material the author feels is important and wording it in a similar way it is in the book. Getting 3rd party (legit) test questions tests your understanding of topics & presents different scenarios to apply your knowledge.

Best of luck on your next attempt.

10. Jay_7

Jay_7 Nibble Poster

Thanks for the replies folks. I think I'll be buying the exams from Preplogic and after that, I see whether I feel I need more practice or not.

Thanks again guys.

11. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Just a quickie, are you only using the sybex book for revision?

Might be worth checking out the Mike Meyers book, helped me pass exam (back in the day), so id imagine its still good quality.

Best of luck for your next test, at least you are used to the exam now.

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  12. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Gutted to hear that mate, but like GBL says might be an idea to try preplogic or examcram series. Their questions always seemed harder than the ones in the actual exam. :blink But at least it prepares you!8)

Good luck:thumbleft

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+