failed 291

Discussion in 'Network Infrastructure' started by dales, Feb 19, 2009.

1. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Hi all,

Just thought I'd let you all know I gave the 291 a go this morning and failed. I got 641 which is much better than I was anticipating. I signed up for second shot so gave it a go before being confident of a pass so I can get a good idea of what I need to work on.

Surprisingly enough I was sweating over rras thinking how little I knew about it but got all the questions right this morning, ip addressing was almost full bars and I must say it surprised me a little on the level of the ip questions, they were not as hard as I anticipated.

Name res bar is about 60% on that so I've got a bit of work to do on that, network security and network infrastructure where about 50% which I was kind of expecting.

Now I've walked out with a fail I dont mind as I know what I need to work on. I've been studying this exam since may last year however its been interupted quite a few times by bad stuff happening to me.

All in all im really pleased that I am that close to passing. I'll swot up for another couple of weeks or so then maybe try again!

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  2. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Well it's not known as the beast for nothing and if your studies have been interupted as well it was probably a good "practice".

As you say, you've got second shot so best of luck with that !

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  3. hippy

hippy Kilobyte Poster

Sorry to hear that mate!

Give me a shout on msn if you want to check anything if i can help! As i may be doing the same picking your brains on exchange! :D

4. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Dang, so close as well!

Its good news that you are taking this in your stride, I'm sure you will nail it on your next attempt :)

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  5. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Thanks everyone for that. As i say in not too bothered about failing.
    Hippy i might just take you up on that sorry i have been off msn for a while whilst working up to the exam

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
  6. Big_nath

Big_nath Kilobyte Poster

Sorry to hear about the fail man. I'm aiming to do the 291 in about a month or so. I finding some aspects quite hard to ge tto grips with.

Certifications: MCP, MCSA, MCSA:M, MCSE, MCTS
    WIP: A few
  7. dalsoth

dalsoth Kilobyte Poster

Sorry to hear the bad news but glad to see such a confident attitude. I am just hoping to pass the 70-272 then i will be studying for this exam also. I am worried about it before i have even begun. You are almost there with that score, like you say a lil bit of practice and you should get that horrible beast out the way.

Looks like a tough one. Good luck with the second shot!! I'm sure you will blast it this time.:rambo

Certifications: MCSE, MCP, MCDST, MCSA, ITIL v3
    WIP: MCITP EA
  8. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

That's the right attitude, Dales! Study the areas where you're weakest and give it another go! :thumbleft

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  9. oliness

oliness Bit Poster

Yeah it's a tough one that. So many topics. I'm sure you'll pass it on your second shot.

Certifications: A+, Security+, MCP, MCSA
    WIP: MCSE
  10. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Unlucky mate, one of the harder MS exams so a respectable score all in.

Best of luck with the second shot. :thumbleft

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  11. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Good luck with your re-take :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  12. Ence

Ence Kilobyte Poster

dales failed the 291 :ohmy

I just starting to study again I just know how dull this is.
    Who long till you go for the second shot?

13. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Thanks for that got about 3 weeks to go. Actually once you have the basics down the studying for me at least gets more and more interesting! In fact I really enjoy reading about this one. But once Im done with this I'll have a month or two break then maybe start flicking through my CCA xenapp book. Promised I'll buy myself a WII when I pass and book a holiday for her indoors the kids and me.

That and i'll buy work a big tray of cakes to celebrate so they are willing me to pass this time.

As before obviously failure is a disappointment (my first one too)but as I was so close I was actually quite pleased so I'll just keep plugging away and the lacking bits and keep taking it until I pass.