Failed 291

Discussion in 'Network Infrastructure' started by stealer, Jul 12, 2007.

1. stealer

stealer Bit Poster

Attempted 291 yesterday. I haven't taken a cert exam for 6 years so wasn't that bothered I failed with a score of 594. The exams have changed a lot in that time and now I know what to expect. I have been using the Prep Logic study guides but found there seemed to be a lot in the exam that I hadn't even touched on. Anyone else found this?

Certifications: See signature
    WIP: Undecided
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

I've never sat that exam, but have you been using any materials other than the Preplogic stuff? It is very hard to pass an exam relying on a single source of information, especially 291 which it the modern day version of "the beast" (70-216)

8)

3. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

I'd agree with Simon; though I haven't done that exam either, I'd never approach an exam using a single source of information, even with technical experience. This is because 'real life' and what they teach you in textbooks doesn't generally go hand in hand; and when you are reading a source book, you are only seeing/reading it from that particular author's perspective.

Grab yourself a different text, and have another go. You'll be fine :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  4. stealer

stealer Bit Poster

I know that now :-). I guess I kind of wanted to find out what to expect, hadnt really done any studying other than the prep logic so I'm still pleased with the result. I just know now what to expect as far as question complexity etc.

Certifications: See signature
    WIP: Undecided
  5. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

The Sybex book for the 291 is very good, I would recommend it.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada