Explorer support in IE 7&8

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by Arunram, Apr 1, 2010.

1. Arunram

Arunram Byte Poster

Will we be able to see the explorer in IE 7 & 8? i mean in IE6 we can see the explorer by using secondary log on or same log in ...never seen in IE7 & 8...Any setting available to see that?

Certifications: MCP
    WIP: MCSE
  2. Arunram

Arunram Byte Poster

no answers yet ?:(:(:(:(:(:(

Certifications: MCP
    WIP: MCSE
  3. gosh1976

gosh1976 Kilobyte Poster

I think are you are talking about the folder view? That you used to get to by going to view>explorer bar> and put a check by folders

If so I'm pretty sure it is gone. We just have the open ftp site in explorer option which is in the page menu when on an ftp site.

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCDST, CCENT, MCTS: Win 7 Configuring, CCNA
  4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I believe that WebDav support has been removed as since IE 7 MS did a bit of work to separate Internet Explorer from the Windows Shell.

You can still use WebDav, however it's not as simple as in previous versions of IE, see here.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security