EXIN = Useless

Discussion in 'Other IT certifications' started by PPD2387, Jul 10, 2009.

1. PPD2387

PPD2387 Byte Poster

I passed the SNCS exam on 12th June and after reading that EXIN was taking over the distribution of the exam from SCP I decided to take the EXIN version. On EXIN's website it states that you should receive your certificate within 4 weeks of the pass date and that if you don't you should email them.

For a start, if you select your county of residence on their online form as 'other countries' you receive an error when sending the email so I had to select my country of residence as The Netherlands just so that the email would send. I also sent them three emails before I received a response, basically saying that there was a delay and it should be posted within the next few weeks. How they actually define 'few' I have no idea but what I do know is I will never sit another exam with them.

I never even received an email from them confirming/congratulating me on the pass. I'm glad I sat my ITIL exam with ISEB and not these jokers! Anyone else have any experience dealing with EXIN?

2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I've had no problems with EXIN, I sat my ITIL thru them and found them really good. I did e-mail regarding the ITIL badge and they responsed one or two days later.

If they've only just taken over the delivery of the SCP exams, I bet it's only the teething problems that you're experiencing.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. PPD2387

PPD2387 Byte Poster

Thanks for sharing your experience wagnerk. I'm just a little frustrated as I put in many hours studying preparing for the exam, then after passing it I get the impression that EXIN has just taken my money and run! Hopefully I won't have to wait too long for the certificate.