Exchange

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Leehaa, Jun 9, 2008.

1. Leehaa

Leehaa Gigabyte Poster

In the last hour we have suddenly had about 2500 (and going up as I type) undeliverables from messages that are total junk coming from us.

I've checked and it's locked down from relaying. Also, it is not vulnerable to relay when you do those online tests...

Has anyone much experience of this? Where to go from here?

I am at home so can only access the servers / clients remotely.

Please help - it's crazy at the moment - is hard just to keep ontop and get all these undeliverables down - there's now about 3 per second! :eek:

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, ITIL v3, MBCS, others...
    WIP: BSc IT & Computing, RHCE
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Compromised machine on the network?

Alternatively, it's someone on the outside spoofing one of your e-mail addresses as the sender, and you're just getting the Undeliverables from the outside world.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. Leehaa

Leehaa Gigabyte Poster

Thanks BM.

:p :oops:

Sometimes when you're trying to impress the most simple solution is missed through panic!

Just looked at a fair few of the more detailed undeliverables and they point to various ip addresses - none of which are ours, and none of which are blacklisted, and there are only one or two that are repeated!!

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, ITIL v3, MBCS, others...
    WIP: BSc IT & Computing, RHCE