Exchange Exam/Learning Books

Discussion in 'Exchange Exams' started by kevicho, Aug 1, 2008.

1. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Hi guys, as my contract is ending im buying as many "expense claimable" items as possible, to aid me in my IT career, On my To Do list is Exchange Server

At my current role we use Exchange server 2003, and I have a grasp of how to use AD to manage most admin aspects (such as access to mailboxes, forwarding, all that sort of thing) and using system manager to monitor or mess up (i mean administer) connections

Have been checking out amazon and found this guide

MCSA/MCSE Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-284): Implementing and Managing Microsoft® Exchange Server 2003: Implementing and Managing Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 (Pro-Certification) (Paperback)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/MCSA-Self-P...TF8&coliid=I3O65GM6IPBLPR&colid=2CWG1EZ9WB7TU

and

Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Resource Kit (Paperback)

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Exc...d_bbs_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1217582326&sr=1-1

But would like any opinions on any other books they have used for exam and also learning materias.

The exams are 70-284 and 70-285 which obviously im wanting to pass but also wanting to learn (especially extra tips) as much as as possible.

Can anyone recomemend any other good books?

Many thanks

Kevin

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  2. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

I've just bought 70-284 towards MCSA but haven't looked at it yet or started on it (others to do first).

Looks as good as the other MS Press books but someone who has used it for the exam can probably comment better than me.

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I enjoyed Will Schmied's 70-284 Sybex book... a very pleasant read, and contains good information. It was also useful for 70-285.

On top of all that, Will's a great guy. He sent me his only remaining personal copy so I could study for 70-284 and 70-285... I really need to send it back to him.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

I have both of the books you have listed. The MS Press book is a good read and I have created a couple of Exchange labs to mess around with various Exchange server deployments.

I haven’t used the Resource Kit for the exam prep but I have used it for some day to day exchange tasks.

Not got onto the 70-285 prep yet! 8)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  5. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

I'm about half way through it at the moment. Well recommended.

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  6. um08

um08 New Member

Thanks for the hints

7. Obinna Osobalu

Obinna Osobalu Banned

Certifications: MCITP:SA,MCTS(x5),MCSE2K3;MCSA2K3:M;MCP
    WIP: EDA7,70-652,Project+,MSP(70-632)