Exam's how soon after course?

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by RobS, Mar 14, 2011.

1. RobS

RobS New Member

Afternoon all,

Last week i attended the 3 day and 2 day 70-271 and 70-272 courses at the Leeds QA centre (On my company's expense). I had prior to the course booked the 2 exams for next monday and tuesday mornings however after reading the ammount of prep work people here take, and my own self doubt - do not know if I should cancel / reschedule these now and do them later? (they were booked so soon after the course for fear of it expiring on 31st March).

Resource wise, with the knowledge in a box course my company bought i received the Sybex 2 course book, and a measure up key for moch exams.

Any help or advise is greatly appreciated, I would love ot pass this and move onto current / Win 7 courses.

Cheers,

Rob

WIP: MCDST
  2. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

Do you think you have the knowledge to pass next week? If so, go for it. There is no right or wrong time to take the exam. Merely when you feel ready.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  3. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

As Fergal said, if you feel like you have the knowledge, then I say go ahead and take the exams. However, if you're not sure, maybe it's best to put it off for a little while until you feel more comfortable.

4. quuuaid

quuuaid Nibble Poster

Maybe try the measureup stuff if you haven't already and see how you do? That should give you a better indication of whether you're ready...

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST
    WIP: Drupal, PHP
  5. RobS

RobS New Member

thanks for the advice guys, i do not personally feel ready for the exams, but my employer is keen for me to have them done and out the way, and i am known for being self doubting so I may be ready.

I will try a couple of moch exams tonight and see how i do / feel after. I can cancel within a few days can't i with the prometric website?

WIP: MCDST
  6. quuuaid

quuuaid Nibble Poster

On my exam registration summary for 70-271 it says you can cancel or reschedule up to one full working day prior to your exam date by 3:00pm EST via the test center directly or thru www.register.prometric.com

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST
    WIP: Drupal, PHP