Exam vouchers

Discussion in 'A+' started by Stevie, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Stevie

Stevie Byte Poster

I've read somewhere bout exam vouchers, but the only 2 sites that I found them on were american sites, but I was wondering if you can buy them in the UK or if they can be used in the UK.

WIP: A+, Network+, Security+
  2. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

check this place ...

this place does UK...

3. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

just make sure you select the correct region - it is all too easy to order vouchers to be used for US and Canada.

si

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  4. Stevie

Stevie Byte Poster

Just checked out the site, and it's for the old exams, not the new ones.

The ones on the site say for exams 301 and 302, but the new ones are essentials then either 602, 603 or 604 :(

5. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

Link

Hope this helps.

6. Wassup

Wassup Byte Poster

^^^^ -- what Mr.Cheeks said ;)

and I have bought 3 vouchers from there (2x A+ and N+) and saved about £50 a time, so saving £150 is a bargain in my book. :D

7. Stevie

Stevie Byte Poster

Ahh, I didn't see that part about the new 601 exam!

Thanks for the help guys. At a currency exchange of 1.91, I've worked out I'll save £35 per test. Only problem is I have to travel a fair distance to a test centre, but if I did both exams on the same day, I'll be saving alot of money.

I'm planning on booking them for the second week of april as I have 12 days off then.

Cheers guys, If I ever meet any of you, I'll buy you a drink! :D

8. Fanatical

Fanatical Byte Poster

So how much are the exams without the voucher? Tried looking on the VUe site but no joy....

Certifications: A+, MCDST
    WIP: MCITP: SA
  9. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

They're around £108 on Thompson but on Vue they're £108 plus VAT.

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  10. Fanatical

Fanatical Byte Poster

Ok, and you only get one voucher at a time. so two vouchers = $280-ish which is roughly £140. Two tests would be £216+vat.

I only say that becuase it can seem all a bit weird ordering these "vouchers" and not understanding what you get out of it...

I see the bundles on the links contain practice questions as well as the vouchers?

Certifications: A+, MCDST
    WIP: MCITP: SA
  11. Stevie

Stevie Byte Poster

It is a very big saving indeed. There is a test centre just down the road from me, less than 2 miles, but if I want to use the vouchers, I'll need to spend around £15-20 on petrol travelling, but in the long run I'll be saving money. I know what you mean about it seeming weird though.

12. Headache

Headache Gigabyte Poster

I took a quick look at this link here:

http://www.getcertify4less.com/cisco.asp

The thing I don't understand is why do I have buy the self test software when I buy the voucher ? Why can't I just buy the voucher by itself ? Does this mean that I have to buy the software every time I need to buy a voucher ?

Somehow that doesn't sound right to me.

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  13. chrism

chrism Bit Poster

I can't remember the exact wording but the reason they have the extra stuff ith the vouchers is because they are not allowed to sell the discounted vouchers on their own, to give us the "member" pricing they have to sell something else with the voucher.

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, ACA
    WIP: Still to be decided!