Exam Vouchers Update?

Discussion in 'A+' started by demarrer, Mar 30, 2008.

1. demarrer

demarrer Byte Poster

Hello,

does anyone have any tips about exam vouchers?

Wanting to put in for my a+ at the end of April and wondering where to get them from, or a least see if I can get a discount if poss.

Why is it that to take the exam in america with either prometric or Vue its half the price of doing it in Europe!

A bit unfair me thinks!

Cheers now.

H

Certifications: A+, Security +, CCNA, CCSA
    WIP: music, (dreaming of) CCIE Security :D
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

You can buy them from Vue or Prometric directly or from Gracetech as for the price, well it's cheaper in the US than in the UK because we're stupid enough to pay up to double the price for them :lol:

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Its quite simple, don't buy em, I'm not taking another Comptia exam until it gets cheaper, otherwise i'll wait until i'm out of the country... If everyone did the same they might have to listen.

Personally I think some aspects of the certification industry are becomming a little distasteful, aspiring IT candidates shouldn't be treated like a never end source of funds to be milked for cash...

4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I bought both my vouchers for my two A+ exams from Gracetechsolutions.co.uk they cost £107 each no VAT to pay. You have to wait 24 hours before they are emailed to you and they come with study guides which include acronyms and other useful info for the A+.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. Mecha

Mecha Bit Poster

How much would it cost without the vouchers? As I had a look for the price of the exam for Luton and they say £111, but that is not with any added tax etc

Certifications: BSc Networking, A+ (601)
    WIP: MSc InfoSec, S+, CISMP, IA ISO27001
  6. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

£111 + vat for that works out I think at £133 in total so about £266 for both.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?