Exam Voucher

Discussion in 'Network+' started by Donmac, Mar 19, 2007.

1. Donmac

Donmac Bit Poster

Hi All

Have been reading the Network+ "All In One" Cert book by Mike Meyers and at the beginning it says to make sure you get a discount exam voucher for the CompTIA Network+ exam.... after doing a Google lookup all I can find are US based companies selling exam vouchers??

Can I purchase an exam voucher from a US based company and use it in the UK??

Any help would be much appreciated

PS Will be taking the exam with vue

Certifications: a few
    WIP: CCDA, CCNP, Ex2k7, Win2k8
  2. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

go to getcertifyforless.com -> and pick up your voucher... its normally cheaper that what you would pay for direct with vue.

3. chrism

chrism Bit Poster

As Mr Cheeks said getcertify4less have probably the best prices for the international vouchers they offer, here is the N+ link:

http://www.getcertify4less.com/networkint.asp

I think preplogic offer international vouchers as well but they are no cheaper than getcertify4less usually.

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, ACA
    WIP: Still to be decided!
  4. Donmac

Donmac Bit Poster

Thanks very much for the link guys, will place an order now.

Donmac

5. webslinger2k

webslinger2k Byte Poster

what kind of discount are we looking at with this voucher?

I was looking at N+ today and it seems that its something I might consider, but the price of the exam is off putting. 159.00 is a bit steeeeeeep. I know the cert last forever more, but I couldnt find the extra cash to spend on that, its hard enough finding the dough for the MS exams each time, so any help appreciated.

Certifications: 270, 271, 272
    WIP: 70-290
  6. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

im going to put this out nice and clear so you dont fall in the same trap many people have before - even if i get caught for orverdoing it!! :biggrin

MAKE SURE YOU BUY AN INTERNATIONAL VOUCHER AND NOT A US ONE - OTHERWISE YOU WILL LOSE YOUR MONEY - ALL OF IT! :(

webslinger2k - you will save i think about 25-30 quid

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  7. webslinger2k

webslinger2k Byte Poster

nice one thanks Zimbo.

Now I just have to decide if I am doing this before or after the 290. I have read that it can lend itself quite well to preparing you for the 290 - how true that is, I cant be sure.

Certifications: 270, 271, 272
    WIP: 70-290
  8. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

The N+ is probably more relevant to the 291 rather than the 290, but it's a good one to have full stop as it gives you a very good foundation in all things networking ...

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  9. Donmac

Donmac Bit Poster

Hi

I paid $208 for the Exam voucher.. works out at about £106 for the exam a saving of £53 and thats before you add the VAT savings. Great buy if you ask me.

The Network+ is a good one to get you up to speed on your TCP/IP & Port numbers but does not go anywhere near the level of OS stuff you will need in the 290 & 291.

Hope that helps