Exam interruptions.

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by skellum, May 21, 2013.

1. skellum

skellum New Member

I hope someone who may have had a similar experience can provide some advice.

Last Friday I sat the 640-802 exam & experienced a 14 minute fire alarm interruption during the write. I raised a complaint with the test centre straight after the exam and received a ticket number which I have forwarded on to Pearson VUE. I never passed, falling just short of the required total with about 10 questions still to complete. So far I have only received an acknowledgement from Vue for my e-mail but nothing further.

I have read Cisco's exam policy on candidate rights but it only covers computer faults, it makes no mention of other interruptions. Any interruption like a fire alarm is beyond the control of the candidate and seriously compromises the candidates ability to get a fair test. Surely there is a established policy for this?

I'm paying my own way for my certification so the expense of a re-write matters to me. Any info or advice is welcome.

2. Telephasic

Telephasic New Member

Shame you never got a reply, I'm afraid I haven't a clue. Did you get it sorted out? At the very least you ought to get a full refund. A sternly worded letter signed by a legal representative perchance? ;)

3. Beerbaron

Beerbaron Megabyte Poster

It would be interesting to know. You werent given the allocated time so surely you should get a retake for free. I always pay for these types of things on a credit card so if they dont respond you get the card company to reverse the payment. They soon start listening :D

Certifications: BSc (Hons), MSc, ITIL v3F, MCP, MCDST, MCITP: edst7, MCTS, MCSA: Server 2003, MCSA: Windows 7, N+, NVQ IT lvl 3, MCSA Windows 7, VCP5, CCENT, CEH
    WIP: CISSP
  4. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Well thats taking the pi$$ to be fair. Either a free resit, or the time added on, i would take it much further if i were you

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  5. skellum

skellum New Member

I have since re-sat the CCNA at my own expense and passed. Still haven't had any reply from Pearson Vue.

6. Beerbaron

Firstly check the Ts&Cs and If you paid by credit card i would contact them. Credit card companies can put a lot more pressure on the company. If Pearson Vue have a Twitter or Facebook pages attack via social media as this often works. There is no reason for poor customer service in this day and age.

Certifications: BSc (Hons), MSc, ITIL v3F, MCP, MCDST, MCITP: edst7, MCTS, MCSA: Server 2003, MCSA: Windows 7, N+, NVQ IT lvl 3, MCSA Windows 7, VCP5, CCENT, CEH
  7. skellum

skellum New Member

I unfortunately paid by debit card which doesn't provide the same protection. I have an incident number which I was given when I complained after the exam. I'll use that to follow up. I like your facebook & social media suggestion though.

8. Beerbaron

The whole world sees their shortcomings so if they are worried about their image they will do something, or keep deleting your posts.

9. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Speak to them first before slating them :) They might just give you a refund or a credit to take another exam....

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs