exam in afternoon tomrrow

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by twizzle, Jun 6, 2010.

1. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

well i've got my 271 exam tomorrow at 2. and now i'm bricking it! i wasny worried about failing, i half expect to, asthen at least i'd know what my weak points are. Butthen i i do i only have till the end of the month to use my 2nd shot voucher, not sure thats enough time. I'm having last minute doubts and lack of confidence..... eek!

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I'm sure you will be fine.

Just go over any areas you are weak in.

good luck.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

Your probably right GBL, i'm worrying about nothing. However, this will be teh third time i've tried to sit this exam. 2 previous times i never even made it to the testing center!
    I think, whats bothering me more is having to read the questions to pick out the important info. Why MS cant just make them short and to teh point, but then thats the life of a support tech, long winded explanations for simple problems.

4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

At least they are not like compTIA questions where you have to choose what compTIA think and not what the actual real world answers are.

If I can pass the MCDST then you will too.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2010
    Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. Rik

Rik Nibble Poster

Good luck Twizzle

Try and relax and keep calm, a little bit of pressure is good for everyone, but dont panic! I am sure you will pass no problem :)

6. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

Ahhh those imortal words of wisdom "DONT PANIC!", i'm not panicking.... alright i'm panicking!!! :0

Going through some last minute CBT nuggets and teh MS press 271 book. have 3 hours to revise or brush up......Cram time!

7. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

I'm sure you'll be fine.

Good luck!

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  8. cyphertheory

cyphertheory Bit Poster

I am sure you will be fine, just relax and read the questions, then read them again. really is the best advice!

Certifications: MCDST, Network+ C&G NVQ lvl 3
    WIP: 70-682 I think :P
  9. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Good Luck twizz, I'm sure you'll do just fine!

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  10. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

Well i'm back. Got there with plenty of time and they even let me sit the exam early!

have never felt so nervous. When i clicked taht finish button my heart was racing and trying to beat its way out my chest. I must have shed a few pounds and lost a few more hairs of me head (not a lot left to lose either!). The screen went blank for what seemed like forever, and just when i was about to die from stress up came my result......

PASS SCORED 833!! WOOOOOOOOT!!! better than expected.

Got the print out of the break down and all sections near or above the75% mark on the performance bar. My worst area was Configuring and Troubleshootig teh Desktop and User Environment at just over the 60 - 65% mark i'd say.

The best area was Manage and Troubleshoot access to resources, and, Configure and Troubleshoot Hardware drivers and devices. both nearing teh 80 to 80% marks i think.

So all in all a good exam. And to top it off i got to see a Spitfire buzzing around teh sky while i was waiting!

Now, who has a MS press 272 book going very cheap??? :p

11. j1mgg

j1mgg Kilobyte Poster

congratulations mate, It is such a good feeling finding out you have passed something that you were kind of dreading.

Certifications: Comptia A+, ITIL V3 Foundation, MCDST, 70-270, 70-290
    WIP: 70-291, security+ and SSCP
  12. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  13. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

Congrats!

On the subject of long winded questions, they could word it like an actual support call and make it even more of a pain in the arse.

"That things come up again, you know the one that I told you about three weeks ago when you were leaving while four other people were talking to you?"

(needless to say even if you had heard and taken in the information the last time round you'd still be none the wiser)

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10