Exam Format

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Deadhead, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Deadhead

Deadhead Bit Poster

Hiya all,

Just been doing some practise test with the measure up CD that comes with the self paced study kit. A couple of questions in I got a 'place thwe following in order' with around 8 options or so.

I was just wondering are these type of questions actually on the real exam or is it just some measure up idea to make you learn the correct paths.

Kind regards,

Deadhead

Certifications: A+, MCDST, MCSA, VCP5-DCV, VCP-DCV 2019, VCAP-DCV-Deploy-2018
  2. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

You do get them in the real thing, but I haven't heard of anyone getting more than a couple. Certainly not as much as this particular practice exam gives you.
    You'll be glad to know that most people say the real thing is much closer to the objective reviews than the practice exams.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  3. Deadhead

Deadhead Bit Poster

Glad to here that!

Thanks for the quick reply!

Certifications: A+, MCDST, MCSA, VCP5-DCV, VCP-DCV 2019, VCAP-DCV-Deploy-2018
  4. neil987

neil987 New Member

Hello,

As far as anyone knows, using the above example of putting 8 bits in order.

If you get say 6 right out of the 8, do you get credit for that on the real exam, or is it just wrong with no points?

And what about when it says "Choose all that apply" or similar and there are, say, 3 answers, what do you get for 2 correct?

Thanks.

Certifications: A+
    WIP: MCDST
  5. ericrollo

ericrollo Megabyte Poster

To be honest i cant remember any questions with that format.

Certifications: MOS Master, A+, MCP 271
    WIP: HND, Programming, Another Job
  6. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

I cant speak to the exams (and technically, nor can anyone else who might know since its likely a breach of NDA), but I can speak to the assessments on a MS EODL course I participated in recently:

During those assessments (official MS for the record) the official policy from MS was that its an all or nothing. You either got all the correct (and only the correct) answers and gained a point, or you didnt.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present