exam differences

Discussion in 'A+' started by shadowwebs, Apr 26, 2012.

1. shadowwebs

shadowwebs Megabyte Poster

Hello Everyone

As many of you may already know, I took the 220-702 on Monday, and passed with 88% pass rate.

A question I have though is that compTIA have emailed me saying they will be posting my certificate to me which is fine, but when I check online, it says that the exams I have passed are

jk0-701
    jk0-702

I thought I was taking the 220-701 & 220-702... what is the difference, if any?

James

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

For an exam content or certification point of view, there are no differences (notice the last 3 digits). The only difference if the exam "licence" or "program" type, eg for the A+ the 220 is the standard exam program, the JK0 is for the E2C exam program.

It's like with Microsoft, there's the 070 (standard program), the 072 (the academic program), the 071 (the beta), the 073 (the IT Academy program), 098 (the MTA series of exam), etc...

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

I think the JK0 exams just refer to the fact you have an educationally discounted voucher or something like that? Did you do it on your own or via a college?

It doesn't make a difference either way as far as I am aware, you are still certified so I wouldn't worry about it!

Certifications: ECDL, Does that Count!?!