exam cram compared to ms press book

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by DAVID ARROWSMITH, Jun 30, 2010.

1. DAVID ARROWSMITH

DAVID ARROWSMITH Nibble Poster

noticed that after covering and feeling quite confident on the ms press book 70-271 then moving on to the exam cram book there is a lot more in depth info and items covered in exam cram not even covered in ms press book ! hence delaying taking exam !!!!

Certifications: a plus
    WIP: exam 70-620 windows vista
  2. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Good call, I actually found that studying from both books pretty good, each explained the same concepts in different ways and also different things would be covered so you would have a greater chance of cover all the objectives which always helps.

I think both books tend to compliment each other quite well.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2010
    Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  3. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

i found the the exam cram book did seem to cover way more than teh MS Press one and in more depth. However the combination is what your after. Exam cram for the depth MS press for the way MS expect you to pick things up and know things.
    I read the MS press book first, then exam cram and though christ i dont know enough for the exam. So i re read the ms press book, while at the same time looking at the same sections in exam cram and just picking out important bits. I then used the exam cram practice exams and the check list at the front of the book and that seemed to work well for me.

Do not expect one book to be enough to pass the exam, witha couple of books and some experience in using XP you should be ok to pass.

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  4. DAVID ARROWSMITH

DAVID ARROWSMITH Nibble Poster

thanks for replies.

Certifications: a plus
    WIP: exam 70-620 windows vista