Exam Cram CD - This made me laugh!

Discussion in 'A+' started by asje1, Aug 14, 2009.

1. asje1

asje1 Byte Poster

I asked this question out loud into my office, of the 3 guys i asked, all 3 agreed that the answer I picked was correct. The questions is worded completely wrong in my opinion, just made me laugh! I'm meant to be learning from this book & CD not correcting it :)

Hehe.

(Sorry pic quality is abit poo? Had trouble resizing)

Certifications: A+, N+
  2. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

The answer is correct imo and the question isn't that badly worded either :p

A good analogy would be...

Say your car engine stops firing. Do you go out and buy a new engine? No. You take it to a mechanic who can further assess the problem and then if needs require, buy a new engine.

Qs

EDIT - As a side note, I'd be careful about lifting such content directly off the MS Readiness Review suite. Forewarned is forearmed.

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  3. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

I'm with Qs on this one, always suspect software before hardware unless you can see the smoke.

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  4. danielno8

danielno8 Gigabyte Poster

I'd say poorly worded. since it doesn't say that you can see the display at POST

Certifications: CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  5. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Top Poster
    of the Month

You aren't supposed to post stuff like this as its someones intellectual property

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  6. ericrollo

ericrollo Megabyte Poster

I would of just done safe mode.

Certifications: MOS Master, A+, MCP 271
    WIP: HND, Programming, Another Job
  7. Finkenstein

Finkenstein Kilobyte Poster

I agree with the above... first things first safe mode. I will agree, the question isn't worded the best. And yes, careful with what you post.

Cheers!
    :)

Certifications: MCP, Network+, CCENT, ITIL v3
    WIP: 640-822
  8. asje1

asje1 Byte Poster

The question said, if you have NO display... without any display how on earth can you select safe mode!?

It's a badly worded question..

There are too many questions like this on the exam cram book... using the mike myers total tester I can pass the tester exams with flying colours, when it comes to the exam cram questions its a different story.

Maybe its me.. i dont know.

Another example:

A couple of hours after you install a new processor upgrade in a desktop system, it is overheating.

Whats is the cause of this?

a You forgot to apply thermal compound to the heat sink
    b You forgot to attach the fan's power connector
    c You installed an incompatible processor
    d You installed the wrong driver for the processor

I'm no expert don't get me wrong, but the guys in my office are and they agreed with me when i say.. answers a & b are too close to choose part? It also depends on what kind of machine / processor etc? I picked B, which was wrong.. A was correct.. Just abit too close to call in my opinion!?

Certifications: A+, N+
  9. dazza786

dazza786 Megabyte Poster

Upon first read, I did assume B, but after re-reading, If it was B, the overheating would take place after 5 or so minutes.. The fact it says after a few hours suggests the paste.

ALWAYS RE-READ QUESTIONS ! :biggrin

Certifications: MCP (271, 272, 270, 290, 291, 621, 681, 685), MCDST, MCTS, MCITP, MCSA, Security+, CCA(XA6.5)
  10. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Yeah, but some modern processors would run fine for a couple of hours even without the fan going, so even though your reasoning is good, I'm still going to go with poor question on that one. :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada