exam cost in oz

Discussion in 'A+' started by wkbi, Mar 11, 2009.

1. wkbi

wkbi Bit Poster

hi everyone,

I'm from Australia and consider take A+ exam, now I have check comptia website, the cost for A+ exam is whopping $A308, that's almost twice as much as in US:dry, so in order to get certify I need 601(essential) +602 (IT technician), does that mean I need to spent $A616 just to get certify...:(

Certifications: A+
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Actually, $168 USD is equal to $A261... so it's only slightly more expensive ($A47), not twice as expensive.

Yes, if you want to get certified, you'll have to spend $A616. Consider it an investment in your career. Many people spend thousands (and tens of thousands) of dollars to get certified!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. wkbi

wkbi Bit Poster

well, I base my calculation when Aussie dollar was high compare to US, that's several months ago, since then it has fall, guess need to take that into account:)

4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Checkout some websites that do discount vouchers. I am not sure if these lot do discount vouchers for austrailia but have a look at www.gracetechsolutions.com in the UK the two A+ exams are £111 + VAT each which makes it about £260 these lot don't charge VAT and you get a couple of quid off so they cost £107 each.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Hi WKBI, we are all in the same boat mate. Getting certified isn't cheap but as the saying goes, you've got to speculate to accumulate.

I am learning from home and am lucky in that my employer has agreed to pay for my exams.

A good option would be for you to look for jobs that state they invest in their staffs training.

A job that's not on as much money could be better in the long run if they are willing to pay for your A+ N+ training.

Best of luck

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  6. wkbi

wkbi Bit Poster

I think for me discount voucher has to be purchase from local testing centre, plus it's only few quids more:p, as for staff training, I don't think that's an option since I work in complete different industry:oops: