Exam Cancelled

Discussion in 'A+' started by kingszie, Dec 20, 2006.

1. kingszie

kingszie New Member

6 months of preparation, and finding the rare day off in the week that I can go to an exam, £108 fee, and I'm faced with a bit of paper on a door.

I rang them, they had no idea what I was talking about and asked me to ring them again tomorrow (today).

Has anyone else had this problem?

2. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

I didn't have anything of the like when I had the A+.

But my Theory car test was at a Prometric test centre. When that was cancelled, they gave me 48 hours notice. I would have thought that legally, if they were actually closed, they would have had to give you notice of some variety (due to exam fees, booking time off work, etc)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  3. C_Eagle

C_Eagle Byte Poster

That sucks!

I'd be straight on the phone demanding some sort of compensation! Maybe a free exam etc! lol

That's nasty to prepare and build yourself up and then get that on the day!

I test with Vue and I've never had a problem............

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, 70-270
    WIP: MCSA 70-290
  4. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

Was this in a college or was it a Vue/Prometric test centre? I'd contact CompTIA about it if I were you.

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270
  5. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Surely you can claim back costs due to not being at work that day, or as earlier mentioned, a free exam in the future.

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  6. Malnomates

Malnomates Megabyte Poster

That is most definatley the case since you were given no notice of cancellation.What test centre was it and have you since found out why the test centre was unable to provide it's facilities?

Certifications: A+ Network+
  7. Rafek

Rafek Kilobyte Poster

I agree if they didn't make contact to notify you then you are entitled to some form of compensation, reimbursement and free exam sounds good to me...If they don't offer then ask as it was them who inconvenienced you..you might not get anything but remember after an exam you usually have to give details on how the test centre performed.:twisted:

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: IPT/IPCC stuff