exam at 5pm today

Discussion in 'A+' started by shadowwebs, Mar 5, 2012.

1. shadowwebs

shadowwebs Megabyte Poster

Guys,

I have been taking some mock exams lately and have got 78%, 81% and 80% as a passing score on my last 3 attempts... does everyone think I should be ok?

I had started off getting poor results due to networking & security yet these have now started to come across as being my stronger points along with hardware and operational procedure.

troubleshooting and operating system / software have been my low scores achieving around 69% at best.

I am going to try and get some last bit of studying in, but if there is any advice that you can provide me i would very much appreciate it.

Thanks

James

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
  2. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Think positive, and don't panic if you don't know the correct answer to a question.

Good luck for the exams:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  3. WalterMinty

WalterMinty Bit Poster

Did mine 2 years ago, so not sure how helpful this will be but..
    Printers came up a lot, and CPU sockets. But don't worry too much i was failing my practice tests the night before i took it and passed with a good result.
    Take in water with you, read the questions through properly, stay calm, and have a pee before you go in!

Certifications: CompTia A+
    WIP: 70-680
  4. shadowwebs

thanks for the advice guys... you must have read my mind as to how i am feeling as yes the pre-exam nerves are really kicking in

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
  5. andylad9

andylad9 Byte Poster

1) READ THE QUESTION CAREFULLY AND SLOWLY !!
    2) If your not 100% sure mark the question for review, a later question may jog your memory
    3) Drink Red Bull.
    4) Go to the bathroom before
    5) Don't forget your forms of ID
    6) Don't freak out...you'll do fine.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | 70-680 | 70-685 | MTA Server
    WIP: deciding now...
  6. free.heron

free.heron Nibble Poster

A bit late - but you should NEVER drink Red Bull or a high caffeine drink prior to an exam. It will not help you concentrate. Best thing to drink is plain water.

Certifications: ITIL v3
    WIP: CCENT
  7. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

So how'd you get on?

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  8. andylad9

andylad9 Byte Poster

we are all waiting...

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | 70-680 | 70-685 | MTA Server
    WIP: deciding now...
  9. Boffy

Boffy Megabyte Poster

Certifications: BSc Computer Game Technology, A+
    WIP: MOS 2010
  10. chrisleech

chrisleech Bit Poster

Fantastic well done, question is.....how many questions are there on each exam roughly? Are there about 100 like the Totalsem suggests? You maybe aren't allowed to divulge this

11. Boffy

Boffy Megabyte Poster

Chris there are 100 questions in each exam, with a time limit of 90 minutes.

Of the 100 questions, they can vary in the amount of reward points - some even offer 0 points, so don't try for X amount of questions correct.

Source: CompTIA A+ Certification

good luck 8)

Certifications: BSc Computer Game Technology, A+
    WIP: MOS 2010
  12. shadowwebs

Chris, I took a few mock tests before the actual exam and the variance between the questions in the actual exam for me were miles away from the mock... but do not let this scare you as I did far better than I ever thought I could.

You will be fine