Exam 70-652 (TS: Windows Server Virtualization, Configuring) offer from MS

Discussion in 'Microsoft Hyper-V Virtualization' started by Kitkatninja, Jun 21, 2009.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Exam 70-652 (TS: Windows Server Virtualization, Configuring) offer from MS

Found this on Microsoft's Thrive site:

Prepare for Exam 70-652 (TS: Windows Server Virtualization, Configuring) for Free ($159.99(US) value)This collection of five 2-hour courses helps you develop the skills necessary for implementing and managing Hyper-V in an IT environment, as well as creating and managing virtual machines and hosts in a virtual environment. Use promo code 9350-Y2W6-3676 to receive your discount. Please note: you must use the link above to take advantage of this offer.

Get Certified Through Exam 70-652 (TS: Windows Server Virtualization, Configuring) with a 25% Discount.
    Once you’ve taken the preparation course, you can take the certification exam at a reduced price. This exam will test your skills in installing, configuring, and optimizing Hyper-V; and in deploying, managing, and monitoring virtual machines using System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008. Use the promo code USHYPERV at checkout to receive your discount.

FREE E-BOOK: Understanding Micrososft Virtualization Solutions
    Understanding Micrososft Virtualization Solutions - Mitch Tullock provides a thorough look at the capabilities, features, and operations of Microsoft virtualization technologies from the desktop to the datacenter, and how to plan, implement, and manage virtual infrastructure solutions.

Click here, then click on "Thrive Offers"

Great for anyone that is implementing/considering implementing a MS virtual environment with Windows 2008 & Hyper-V; that would include Modey & myself :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  2. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

I recently tried the MS E-learning, it was a truely awful experience. The course was 24+ hours, I gave up after 3. This probably explains why they are prepared to discount so heavilly.

3. Kitkatninja

I've done several MS e-learning courses, some are very good - some are very "not so". However the applied discounts can mount up to a cheap-ish exam pass (when you throw in some experience) :biggrin

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
  4. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

has anyone tried the code.. it keeps telling me that its expired or invalid :(

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  5. Kitkatninja

Considering that the page is new, I'm not sure whats wrong. I was going to give it until next week, however I have e-mailed MS about this.

-Ken

6. Kitkatninja

I have rung up MS and they have to escalate this, as the MS rep on the phone was getting the same error.

Will follow the steps that they require and provide them with the info after work.

-Ken

7. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Cheers mate! Rather funny.. you make an offer.. provide us with a code but did anyone check the code? Course not!! :biggrin

8. Kitkatninja

The required information has now been passed over to MS for them to escalate. Once I hear anything back, I'll post it :)

-Ken

9. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

It works now.. just to let you know. Cheers Ken.

10. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Btw guys, some strangness with this. When Ken tried to access the e-learning with the code it took him to a purchase page with a shopping basket etc.. and the code doesn't work.

When I tried it, it just asks you to agree to the T&C's and then put the code in and it worked. You should get this screen when you go to this link.

[​IMG]

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  11. Kitkatninja

It's weird, it seems that for some people the last redirect isn't working (hence why both myself & the MS advisor was having problems).

-Ken