Exam 70-640: Windows Server 2008 Active Directory, Configuring

Discussion in 'MCAD / MCSD / MCPD' started by Rob1234, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Rob1234

Rob1234 Megabyte Poster Forum Leader

Just wondered if anyone had taken this exam and what they thought of it?

and also what is peoples opions on Server 2008?

Certifications: A few.
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I did the MCTS upgrade exam, which incorporates the 70-640. I found the exam fair and alot easier to understand than the older "MCP" exams, this doesn't mean that the exam are easy though. You can read about it here.

As for what I think of Server 2008, I think it's great. There are a few things I find annoying, but the enhancements outweight them by far. In fact, not only are we already using 2008 servers, this summer we're upgrading our domain/forest to 2008.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. Rob1234

Rob1234 Megabyte Poster Forum Leader

Well I am thinking of doing the 70-640 but I wondered if server 2008 was going to be popular as I got my vista cert but now it seems most companeis are going to bypass it for windows 7, nad i don't want that to happen with server 2008.

Certifications: A few.
  4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

That won't happen with Windows 2008, especially since R2 is on it's way :) The 2008 certs will apply to 2008 and the R2 release (there won't be a separate track for R2). And it's a pretty good OS.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Companies aren't going to bypass Server 2008 for the next version. That said, companies will continue to use Server 2003 on their existing servers and will buy Server 2008 for their new servers.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!