Exam 70-270 Next week

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by adeelmpk, May 24, 2008.

1. adeelmpk

adeelmpk Bit Poster

Ok Guys,

I am almost done for the exam coming up next week, let me tell you How I have prepared for exam which I am going for next week.

Read complete MS Guide 70-270 (Completed reading + Exercises + Presentations etc)
    Watched some videos from Trainsignal for 70-270 (Some related ones)
    At the moment going through ***** exam paper which has damn confusing questions !!!
    1. Can you advise if I am missing anything before sitting the exam ???
    2. Secondly, how long is exam, how many questions, what sort of average time you get per question ???
    3. Third, when do you get the results, I suppose instant.

Thanks for the help, without you I wouldn't have prepared this much.

Mod Edit: BD Removal (Z)

WIP: MCSE
  2. ryanthelion84

ryanthelion84 Nibble Poster

not sure how long you get for the 70-270, yes you do get your results instantly at the end, and as for the number of questions, it varys from exam to exam!

Certifications: 70-290, PRINCEII Practioner, ITIL V3F
    WIP: VMWare ESX VCP
  3. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Hi! First lets answer your questions:

1. This depends on what you have studied? Did you look at the objective on the MS website for the 270 exam?

2. The number of questions depends on the exam.. you get could between 40-60 i think

3. Results are instant

finally i removed the name of a braindump from your post - my advice is stay away from those because its cheating and if you are caught by Microsoft from cheating they will ban you from taking exams and take your certifications away.

Good luck for the exam! 8)

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  4. adeelmpk

adeelmpk Bit Poster

Hi Zimbo

Thanks for the information, I didnt use the word "braindump" in my starting post. I used "T******g" and why is it cheating !!!

Secondly is there any exam guide/FAQ's by microsoft or prometric which could explain the exact exam pattern, the time limitations or something which could allow me to practise in real exam environment.
    I think 40-60 should be done easily in 60 - 80 minutes (if most of them are normal length multiple choice questions)

5. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I'll step in for Zimbo since he's not around at the moment.

First off, Microsoft's official webpage for this exam can be found here:

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exams/70-270.mspx

I don't know if it explains *exactly* how the exam is formatted and how long it is, but it will give you all the information Microsoft wants you to have. A lot of that information should be in the beginning sections of the Microsoft Press book you used to study as well.

As far as "T******g" is concerned, it is a well known braindump and according to the CertForums Rules and Guidelines, we do not condone the promotion or use of braindumps here. This includes even mentioning their names, which is why Zimbo removed that content from your prior post in this thread. Try not to take it personally, it's a matter of policy that we do so.

If you want to see if any of your online resources are braindumps, a good resource is the CertGuard site. On their main page, towards the lower right, they provide a search field. Just enter the domain name of the suspected braindump site (such as "T******g") and click "Get Report".

I hope what I've said helps clear up any questions you may have had about the actions of CF staff.

-Trip

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  6. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

T******g is the name i removed because its a braindump. Its cheating because those are the actual questions from the exam so its CHEATING. For more info you need to look on the prometic website.. www.prometric.com

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  7. adeelmpk

adeelmpk Bit Poster

Thanks tripwire45, that's very informative of you. I never knew that things like brain dump exist. I will avoid using them. However I have still been unable to search for reliable answers on exam pattern, if you come across a better page please post the link.

8. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

What do you mean by "reliable answers on exam pattern"?

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  9. Gopher

Gopher Bit Poster

Hi All

I seem to hear a lot about Braindumps at the moment and I have a few opinions:

1. They ARE cheating and like everyone has said you can get in serious trouble if you are caught.

2. IF anyone decides to use these, then I assume you can get the qualification but you can don't learn anything (except how to memorize questions!)

You can't beat hands on experience and reading in my opinion.

Certifications: MCP, MCSA & MCTS SQL 2005
    WIP: MCITP 70-443 & 70-444
  10. adeelmpk

adeelmpk Bit Poster

Just wanted some information about exam style and pattern, found it hence thanks for help.

11. adeelmpk

adeelmpk Bit Poster

1. I DID NOT completely rely on braindumps. I only found out yesterday that the method I am using to finalise my preperation is called as braindumps and that was only the first day I started using them. Anyways I have stopped using them now.

2. I have prepared for exam by doing complete reading in MS press book, completely all the exercises on my VMWARE virtual network (I have played on Win 2K3 single AD domain enviornment with XP, 2K , Vista and Debian as cleint OS's) + Some study from Sybex book + I have watched some videos from Trainsignal (only the one relevant to this exam). Is there anything I missed before sitting for exam. At the moment I am just revising some stuff from MS book. I have about 7 days left from exam from today and have taken some time off from work so I am quite happy to take anything intensive until I sit exam.

Thanks for help.

12. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

I have to assume that when you say "exam style and pattern", you are asking is questions are multiple choice, drag-and-drop, fill-in-the-blank and so on, correct? To answer, I haven't the foggiest. I do know in past Microsoft cert exams I've taken, a lot of the questions have been multiple choice, some have been drag-and-drop, some have been fill-in-the-blank, but how many items of each occur is variable and I don't know if any of these apply to the current Microsoft exams and specifically the one you want to take. There is also the possibility of "flash" simulation items, which simulate an actual GUI experience, where you have to "configure" some sort of setting correctly.

Typically (but not always) the books published on the cert exam in question will have some sort of section in the Preface that describes the nature of the test. If the answer isn't forthcoming, either here on this forum, or through another source, you'll just have to rely on your knowledge based on your experience and studies to see you through the exam. I know facing a certification exam can be stressful and it's natural to want to know as much about the testing environment before going in, but ultimately, it will be what you know, not how the questions are asked, that will be the most important element in your success.

Good luck.

-Trip

13. adeelmpk

adeelmpk Bit Poster

Completely agree with you, thanks for that.

14. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Doesn't matter whether you completely relied on them or partially relied on them. If you used it, you used a tool that was designed to help you cheat. We're not mad at you - you didn't realize what braindumps were... and everyone makes mistakes. We simply tell you what we tell you so you'll know, in no uncertain terms, to not use them anymore.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  15. adeelmpk

adeelmpk Bit Poster

Agreed & Understood

16. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

I think we can settle on the fact that adeelmpk didn't know the implications of using a braindump before but now that he does, he won't be using them again. He's not defending his use of them at this point, as far as I can see. Lesson learned. Nuff said, people. Time to move on.

17. adeelmpk

adeelmpk Bit Poster

Well said, Thanks

Adeel