Evening/Weekend Exams???

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by jonnellan, Feb 11, 2009.

1. jonnellan

jonnellan New Member

I successfully attained an MCSE last year, and looking around at the slim pickings of jobs at the moment, i thought an exchange cert would be nice. Problem is that my employer is not likely to give me time off to take exams off my own back.

Looking around the prometric test centres, i cant find one that caters for weekend or evening bookings? Surely there is a facility for this? Do you have to arrange it as a special request. Im in Bolton, nr Manchester so there aren't that many test centres nr me.

Has anyone else had the same problems?

2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I had to hunt round practically all the testing centres that I would consider drivable to on a Saturday, the closest one I found was almost an hour away by car. There are a few around, just not lot :(

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. jonnellan

jonnellan New Member

I was afraid you were gonna say that :(

Cheers anyway

4. Big_nath

Big_nath Kilobyte Poster

Can't you book a day's holiday from work?

Certifications: MCP, MCSA, MCSA:M, MCSE, MCTS
    WIP: A few
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Years ago, Nashville had one testing center that booked exams for Saturday, but they've since stopped, and nobody else has stepped up to fill the void. That said, I have yet to work for an employer who wouldn't give me two or three hours off to take an exam (AND they'd pay for it as well!).

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

I guess im lucky, being in London, we have quite a few test centres that offer saturday bookings. Closest one is about, ohh... 10 minutes away.

A half day holiday might be your best bet?

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012