ESET LAUNCHES ESET NOD32 ANTIVIRUS V3.0 AND ESET SMART SECURITY

Discussion in 'News' started by Mr.Cheeks, Nov 8, 2007.

1. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

ESET LAUNCHES ESET NOD32 ANTIVIRUS V3.0 AND ESET SMART SECURITY

Integrated Solution Couples New Version of ESET NOD32 Antivirus with Antispyware, Antispam and Firewall Features to Deliver Unprecedented Speed and Accuracy

SAN DIEGO – October 29, 2007 – ESET, the leader in proactive threat protection, today announced the introduction of ESET Smart Security, a new, integrated security solution for consumers and small-to-medium-sized businesses. It includes antivirus, antispyware, antispam and firewall features built on ESET’s award-winning advanced heuristic ThreatSense® detection system and the ESET NOD32 scanning engine. ESET Smart Security combines speed, accuracy and minimal computer system impact to deliver a significant improvement over traditional solutions in the marketplace today. It provides the industry’s highest level of accuracy and fewest false-positives through ESET NOD32 Antivirus . With significantly lower performance overhead compared to the competition, ESET Smart Security uses only 40MB of disk space and scans systems up to 30-times faster than other products.

To read the full article, click here...

Thanks for the link Stoney

porta2_tags:

Comments

1. greenbrucelee
      greenbrucelee
      Interesting article Cheeks I have been looking for an anti virus prog thats fast, I am gonna look into it further and may purchase it. 8)
    2. Sparky
      Sparky
      NOD32 works well, looking forward to see what the firewall is like and if it can be controlled from a management server. Sophos has this feature already so it will be interesting to see what this one is like. 8)
    3. AJ
      AJ
      I had notification of this as well today. Although it seem the version released at the moment is just for the home use.

If the remote admin is as good, it will be a good product
    4. Mathematix
      Mathematix
      Using the antivirus. The UI has been cleaned up a lot, and they've got rid of that 'IMON', 'AMON', etc. stuff that no-one really understood, anyway.

Lovely! :biggrin
    5. Sparky
      Sparky

Good news, never did like the whole IMON, XMON etc.

Me: “If you could just open up IMON”
      User: “WTF??!”
    6. Mathematix
      Mathematix
      LOL, exactly. :biggrin
    7. Sparky
      Sparky
      Just upgraded to v3, much better! :thumbleft
    8. AJ
      AJ
      First look on the AV was "very Vista ish"
    9. ThomasMc
      ThomasMc
      I've been having a good read over at Wilders Security, so far so good only acouple of issues that i can see
    10. Lord Deckard
      Lord Deckard
      I downloaded the trial of the security suite and I like it, much faster than Norton on the laptop I'm testing it on. Only wierd thing is, I can't get messenger to work with it! Tried everything I can think of; all the ports are open, tried it both wired and wireless, even updated messenger!
      Any one had anything similar?