Entry Level jobs

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Sar_Pam, May 29, 2008.

1. Sar_Pam

Sar_Pam Bit Poster

Is there anybody tell me how to find a entry level job i m tring hard for it but not good so far and dun kno wat to do. I have good qualification.

Certifications: A+, Master degree in computers
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

look for jobs that are advertised as entry level or trainee, or no experience required. Some may say technical knowledge is required but no experience required.

Remember a qualification does not mean you will get a job.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

If English is not your second language, you can start with your English skills. They are terrible. If English is your second language and you're looking for work in the English-speaking world you need to work on those skills. If you're not looking for work in the English-speaking world your English skills don't matter.

Why do I say the above?

1. Almost any entry level job in IT is going to be dealing directly with the consumer. You need to be able to communicate very well to do that, and spelling and grammar are important parts of that. Any employer who is needing someone to communicate with the public is going to nick you on the these skills, and you're going to be an early cut in hiring process.

2. Being able to clearly document your interaction with a customer will be a requirement for any help desk type job. If you can't document that in a way that is easily understood that is going to cost the company you work for money, and so they are going to nick you on your spelling and grammar skills.

3. Rightly or wrongly, how well a person communicates makes their first impressions on other people. In the modern hiring process no one gets a chance to actually talk to anyone who is in the position to hire them until they have made it through a few levels of the "winnowing-out" process. By that I mean employers look for ways to narrow the field of applicants until they find the one they think will be best qualified, and if a person has poor English skills they will be judged as not being as intelligent as someone who can write fluently. If you cannot articulate yourself well in the written form you will be eliminated quickly. It won't matter how many skills you have or how smart you really are, because you will be eliminated long before you get a chance to show those attributes because you made a bad first impression.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  4. NightWalker

NightWalker Gigabyte Poster

ffreeloader is right. Its honest feedback that points out a valid reason why you may not be getting to the interview stage. Don't take it the wrong way. Its good advice.

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCP, MCSA:M 2003, ITIL v3 Foundation
  5. Sar_Pam

Sar_Pam Bit Poster

thankx you all

6. Ropenfold

Ropenfold Kilobyte Poster

Entry Level jobs are usually called 1st Level support / Helpdesk, look at applying for those.

As GBL stated, no qualification is a guarantee of a job.

Certifications: BSC (Hons), A+, MCDST, N+, 70-270, 98-364, CLF-C01
    WIP: ISC2 CC, Security+
  7. MrNerdy

MrNerdy Megabyte Poster

IT Employment Agencies in your local area may be a good place to start.

Certifications: ECDL, CiscoIT1 & A+
    WIP: Girlfriend & Network+
  8. Sar_Pam

Sar_Pam Bit Poster

Thanx mate now I can find the job to start my IT career.