entry level cv

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by carlfinn, Mar 1, 2007.

1. carlfinn

carlfinn Bit Poster

hi folks i am just in the process of writing a cv for an entry level position in IT. I will be taking my A+ exams in about 6 weeks, could anyone give me any tips on what i can put in my cv, as i have no work experience in this field

Certifications: A+
    WIP: MCDST
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

IMHO, since this is an entry level CV, the best thing to do is "market" or stress your education - academic, professional, etc. In your cover letter explain any experiences that you have :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. chrism

chrism Bit Poster

Although I am in a similar position to yourself (just in the process of taking my first certification and pursuing an IT career) I would say that two things you can put on your CV are transferrable skills that you have developed in other fields but can be useful in IT - dealing with other people as a team or a client) and also your own experience in IT that may be related to the job you are applying to- perhaps supporting friends and family with hardware or OS problems.

I see you only have a few posts, welcome to the board. There are lots of great guys here who have been through all this and they can add their own thoughts and will give you much better and more detailed advice than I can give!

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, ACA
    WIP: Still to be decided!