Employment history on CV query

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Mordred, Jun 27, 2008.

1. Mordred

Mordred Bit Poster

Im just compiling my cv at the moment ready to crack on with some major job hunting and I was wondering if its required to put my entire employment history in there.

I have only had 3 jobs since 2000, whereas in the 3 years before that I had just left school and moved about through odd jobs temping with different agencies, and to be honest its going to be a struggle to co-ordinate dates with jobs during that period.

So is it ok to just put the 3 jobs since 2000 down? It strikes me that anything before that is too long ago to be of any importance, and also saves me clogging up the cv with loads of jobs instead of just being short and sweet.

Cheers

Certifications: A+; Network+
    WIP: MCDST
  2. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

The advice I am getting is to stick to last 10 years or so unless there is anything prior that is very relevant.

Don't know what others may say/think ?

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  3. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

I'd suggest that you last three jobs are important, with bullet points of what you did in that role. anything beofre that would simply be worth a mention in name and job title only.