Employer paying for all MS cert material + exams... help!

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by ay5000, Sep 14, 2007.

1. ay5000

ay5000 Bit Poster

I am fortunate enough to be in a position where my new employer is going to pay for all materials (books/CDs etc) and exams for any/all MS certification I do -- ideally we want me to become MCSE Certified, a time frame of 18 months has been vaguely mentioned. I want advice on the "path" to attain this, what are the exams that needed to be taken and can I actually jump directly in to progressing for an MCSE or do some prior perquisites have to be attained first?

I have a very strong hands-on computer background, very advanced level of usage of all MS operating systems from Win 3.11 all the way to XP and Vista.

All advice greatly appreciated...

Certifications: None
    WIP: A+, ACDT & ACPT
  2. ajs1976

ajs1976 Byte Poster

How is your background in basic networking? If you do not have a good one, you may want to go for the Network+ first. The Network+ and A+ combination will count towards the elective for the MCSA 2003.

Take a look around www.microsoft.com/learning for the information on the various certifications that are available. You will be able to find the requirements for the MCSE 2003 and the MCSA 2003.

When working on the MCSE 2003 most people start with the client exam requirement which would be either Windows 2000 (70-210), Windows XP (70-270), or Windows Vista (70-620).

Certifications: MCSE, CCEA, Sec+, L+, N+
    WIP: 2008, CAG, or CCENT (not sure)