Problem Employer and EULA

Discussion in 'Software' started by Davidh1819, May 3, 2012.

1. Davidh1819

Davidh1819 Nibble Poster

Hello

I have a question regarding my situation with my employer and the EULA currently we violate the EULA with Server 2008 Exchange 2010 and Antivirus products i have written an e-mail to my managers explaining the situation and i have the e-mails now in my personal records the company seems reluctant to spend any money on software renewals. Basicly if we fail a software audit who will be accountable Me or my employer?

Thank You

Certifications: A+ N+ MCP MCDST MCTS MCITP
  2. Cunningfox

Cunningfox Byte Poster

Your employer afaik, typically at the Operations or Technical Director level. Notifying your manager is the correct course of action imo. Keep a copy of the e-mail just incase. Having done a recent software audit myself I've pointed out similar things which have been passed upstream and I believe are being sorted.

Certifications: CCNP, CCNA, MCP
    WIP: ??
  3. Monkeychops

Monkeychops Kilobyte Poster

Generally the CFO is ultimately accountable for licensing compliance.

4. TheMagician

TheMagician Nibble Poster

You won't fail a Microsoft audit unless you grass yourself up. It works on the honour system. They ask you to fill in a spreadsheet and as long as number of licenses in use (that you tell them about) < number of licenses they have on record then you're golden.

Sleep easy.

Certifications: MCSA 2012, MCITP: EA, SA, ITIL
  5. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

How are you currently breaking the EULA? To use the software you must have purchased a licence for it to get it installed and working?

What licencing agreements do you have in place? Open? Select?