emails not 4U

Discussion in 'News' started by Phil, Sep 18, 2003.

1. Phil
    Honorary Member

Phil Gigabyte Poster

[​IMG]<font size="3">emails not 4U</font>

Phones 4U has banned its 2,500 staff from emailing each other. John Caudwell, the owner of the mobile phone retailer, reckons the move will save his employees three hours a day(three hours?!) and his company at least a £1m a month in time saved.

Caudwell told the Press Association: "I saw that email was insidiously invading Phones 4u so I banned it immediately.

"Management and staff at HQ and in the stores were beginning to show signs of being constrained by email proliferation - the ban brought an instant, dramatic and positive effect."

Staff are still allowed to respond to external emails, he said. That should ward off any complaints on human rights grounds...®

Source: http://www.theregister.co.uk

Certifications: MCSE:M & S MCSA:M CCNA CNA
    WIP: 2003 Upgrade, CCNA Upgrade
porta2_tags:

Comments

1. flex22
      flex22
      I bet he wouldn't mind if they were texting each other.

Ching! Ching!
    2. Phil
      Phil
      :lol: I bet you're right flex, maybe thats his evil masterplan
    3. flex22
      flex22
      That name just clicked with me "John Caudwell."

I remember seeing a documentary on the guy.

He's a real down to earth, self-made man, rising from nowt.

He flys his own helicopter around his empire and you should see his mansion.

Oooh, I ain't jealous.I mean what's money, nothing, as long as I'm happy, I have clothes on my back, who needs a helicopter and massive mansion, I mean what do you need all those rooms for..........................................................
    4. Phil
      Phil
      .... you need all those rooms to fill them with computers of course! whole computer labs full of unreal tournament serv....&lt;ahem&gt; I mean test environments :)