email stationary deployment

Discussion in 'Software' started by dales, Jan 19, 2011.

1. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

I wonder how you guys go about this. I have a task to standardise all the email stationary that users have (outlook 2k7 plus exchange 2k7), now I really do not like stationary that much but the CEO loves his images and backgrounds so deal with it I must.

Over the years the stationary has become almost different for each individual so I was wondering how others go about bringing uniformity back in the stationary.

I could create a golden template on my account and copy the HTML file to all individuals user profiles, but this would not necessarily be future proof, Can i add the directories into the default user profile so that it is copied again when a new profile is created, or is there a s****y automated way of forcing the template onto all accounts from exchange?

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  2. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Just in case any one is interested I found my own solution to the problem. I discovered that on the whole the stationary was ok and mostly the default fonts had wondered a bit.

So I created the fonts as we needed them on my account and then I went into the registry and exported the HKCU/software/microsoft/office/12.0/common/mailsettings key.
    I then edited the key using my favourite text editor removing the newstationary value and data, by doing this it would keep the users stationary as it was currently for example my stationary is called dales and I did not want it to overwrite the default stationary for joeB as of course my stationary would not exist in their profile.

Then it was just a case of creating a share and making a bat file for "regedit -s \\server\share\stationary.bat" and attaching it to the login script.

et voila centralised uniformed emailness. I'm sure I could expand it to deploying a template to each users profile and then setting it to a uniformed name as well but what I've done so far seems to be keeping mgmt happy so I'll leave it at that and drink some more tea instead.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing