EFS and creating Recovery Agent certificate

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by Sofista, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Sofista

Sofista Bit Poster

Hi!

I`m preparing for my MCP and I can`t get my head around using RA, it might sound stupid but I got a problem :P

I know I should create certificate with cipher /r:file name but should I do it using administrator or the user that encrypted the file? Should the certificate be created before or after encrypting the files? I get a bit frustrated about it, It's not that important but I want to know it.

I`m using 70-270 Microsoft book and Sybex to prepare for the exam and they don`t give a lot of info about it :(

Can one of the wise and experienced user explain it? I`ve seen video made by JohnBradbury, it was great but there was no information about RA.

Kind regards

Robert

Certifications: A+, MCTS, MCITP, MCP,
    WIP: Network +, MCDST
  2. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

From my 70-271, if you create an admin account that can be used as an override if the user forgets his password, the Recovery Agent certificate needs to be made before the file is encrypted - normally it is an admin account as a user account probably wouldn't have NTFS permission access to the file anyway (generally speaking)

I'm hoping..... (always get worried when I try and help other people out, just in case I get it wrong! :) )

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293
  3. silentjess

silentjess Bit Poster

Certifications: MCDST
    WIP: MCSA, MCSE