Effing yoggie

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by zxspectrum, Sep 2, 2009.

1. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Since ive got this yoggie ive notice little thing on the com, mainly the slowing of a browser opening etc or something else on the computer going really slow etc, but the yoggies not supposed to drain the computers resources etc. So at te moment im on windows 7, the yoggie is taken out because its messing me about severly. The pages take age to load and letters are comin up as numbers. On the windows 7 everything works, im only having the problem with it on the vista side of it

I tried to unistall it but the problem is that the password contains some of the letters, that turn to numbers, i cant update it, nor can i uninstall it , and i cant get on the net either on the vista side??? Im getting rather angry and have managed to put a dent in the laptop through blind rage.

Could t be something else?? like a virus/keylogger on my system or do we think its the yoggie???

And besides throwing the whole lot out in a sheer moment of madness any one got any ideas???

By the way,for those that dont know, the yoggie is ausb stick that runs all the antivirus apps and malware apps etc, there are 13 of them on it apparently??

Ed

Ed

Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
    Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

System restore perhaps mate?

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. zxspectrum

What you mean restore it to the date beofer i installed the yoggie??

Ed

4. Len

Len Byte Poster

My guess is yes... That would be the answer that makes the most sense anyways..

Certifications: BND IT Practitioners
    WIP: Comptia A+
  5. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Aye. 8)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  6. danielno8

danielno8 Gigabyte Poster

yeh thats what he means

Certifications: CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  7. zxspectrum

OK well i wont do it now, as im still wound up, i need to chill so going to watch some tv and have a go tomorrow,

Ed