EASIEST, online certifications? Know any?

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by ky222, Oct 27, 2011.

1. ky222

ky222 New Member

So my job is requiring us to get certified in something, anything, as long as it's a certification (computer-related). Now you're probably thinking "That makes no sense, I mean, wouldn't they at least make it a bit more specific", trust me, all of us at our jobs thought the same thing.

With that being said, I was hoping you guys could help me find a certification that is:

- Easy
    - Cheap
    - Preferably online

If you know of any, please let me know.

2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

The easiest exam that I've taken that meets your requirements above is the:

Apple Certified Associate (ACA) Mac Integration Basics 10.7

It being easy, is relative. It deals with integrating Apple Mac within an AD environment.
    I took the 10.6 version last year and with the exchange rate, it was approx £40 + £7 for the paper cert.
    As for the exam, it doesn't require a proctor and you can sit it anywhere.

However as you have posted this in the Microsoft forum, I assume that you're looking at Microsoft certs. With that in mind, then you should be looking at the Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) exams.

They are the easiest Microsoft exams out there. They are the cheapest, plus they are online at participating Certiport testing centres (as they are still proctored exams).

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

Looks like the MTA isn't a viable option for most people.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  4. ky222

ky222 New Member

I just checked and my .edu email still works, can I take the MTA exam online?

Are there any certs I can take online? Or do I have to do it at a center?

Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  5. Kitkatninja

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

The MTA exams are available online, however only at participating Certiport testing centre (for example our testing centre). MTA exams are done through the certiport portal unlike the MCTS/MCITP exams where the Prometric testing centre has to download the exam for the candidate.

What you're asking is if there are any non-proctored Microsoft exams, the answer is no. Even the MOS exams from Microsoft are proctored.

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  6. JK2447

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

You could try here.....

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  7. Zye4822

Zye4822 New Member

You can get, free IT related courses from Alison.com - alison.com/course/category.php?id=1 . You have the option to pay for the certificate, which can cost 25 euro. Since this is the second time that I have mentioned them, I have to say that I am in no way affiliated. I did one of their Diploma courses, not bad quality, learned a few things.

Certifications: Cisco CCENT, CCNA, MCITP/SA, BCS ITQ 2, C&G Adv IT Pro L3, C&G Award ICT System and Principals L2, C&G Customer Support L3, Cisco Exploration 1-4, IT Essentials 1 & 2, Diploma in Web Business Development and Marketing - alison.com
    WIP: OU Diploma Computing & IT
  8. TheMagician

TheMagician Nibble Poster

I'm glad you recognise the ludicrousness of the situation. Your manager must be a daft sod.

Given you're asking about cost that makes me think you have to pay for it as well. That seems really unusual since they're demanding it.

Have you considered going for a respected cert that relates to your job and then using that to help get a new job at a place that doesn't have such idiots managing you :lol:

I'd be surprised if any accredited certification can be taken online since you could just google the answer.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
    Certifications: MCSA 2012, MCITP: EA, SA, ITIL
  9. Gav

Gav Kilobyte Poster

You can sit Salesforce.com certifications online, but you need to install some special software and have a webcam set up that has both your face and your hands visible. I might be trying this out soon (as the only test centre near me is in Bath), so I'll let the forum know what the experience is like.

As for the OP's question... I can't really help you there :P

10. RichyV

RichyV Megabyte Poster

Personally, as we're talking about a business AND free ONLINE courses, I would have thought that the 'Microsoft Registered Partner' route would have been the most appropriate.

Get the company registered and there are plenty of online free courses (with printable certificates) for employees when they take and pass the exams. Myriad of choices...

HTH

Last edited: Nov 2, 2011
    Certifications: B.Sc.(Hons), MBCS. MCP (271,272), MCDST, MCTS (680), MCITP:EDST7, MCSA:WIN7, MCPS, MCNPS
    WIP: 70-686, then onto MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure via MCSA: Server 2012...
  11. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD