Easiest Microsoft Certification

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Elliot28, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Elliot28

Elliot28 Bit Poster

There is a restructure at work where everyone is having to reapply for there jobs.

I am currently a Desktop engineer, I would like to get certified in a Microsoft certifications within a month, one is this possible? I am happy to pay for a course if required and two if so what certification is recommended?

I really grateful for the advice

Elliot

2. PPD2387

PPD2387 Byte Poster

Perhaps a course that teaches you the difference between there, their and they're would be more beneficial to you.

The fact that you are asking for the easiest route makes me question whether you are deserving of one of the jobs that will be on offer but to answer your question with sufficient studying, experience and interest anything in life is easy.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
    drum_dude and LukeP like this.
  3. j1mgg

j1mgg Kilobyte Poster

All depends what you work with on a day to day basis. If you work with win7 everyday then that is going to be about easier for you than say a windows server exam.

Do you honestly think rushing out and getting a dirt easy cert is going to wow your bosses. Try and ask them where the company is going and if you are staying with current technology then try and see what you company lacks and see if you can fill that gap.

Really we need more info

Certifications: Comptia A+, ITIL V3 Foundation, MCDST, 70-270, 70-290
    WIP: 70-291, security+ and SSCP
  4. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Unfortunately gaining an 'easy' certification isn't going to make you more valuable.
    The best thing you can be is good at your job.
    I wouldn't spend money on grabbing a quick and easy cert to try and pad out your CV, it very rarely returns any value.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  5. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

It's all subjective, what's easy for one person may be hard as hell for another. If I were you I would have a look at your skill set and decide which are your stronger subjects and concentrate on that direction.

To give you an example I found the Windows 7 exam very easy but know others who failed it more than once.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  6. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

I think (its been a while) that my XP Client exam took 1 month of study before I sat and passed the exam. If its Microsoft you're after, you can't go far wrong going for a client exam as I think practically all if not all support orientated higher level certifications require you to pass a client exam. Windows 7 is what I'd go for in your shoes. Cheers, James

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  7. Monkeychops

Monkeychops Kilobyte Poster

As said answer will be different for different people.

Only ms exam I've done was the sccm 2007 one, I was in and out in 10 minutes so was easy for me.

8. shadowwebs

shadowwebs Megabyte Poster

If you want an easy exam then take clait, :)

but on a serious note, I agree with everyone else that it depends on where your interests actually are, as if you were to study an exam that you have no interest in then you are going to struggle, get bored and then when it comes to taking the exam I would say that you are going to find it hard to pass because you had no interest in the learning process.

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
  9. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

sure
    70-291
    fnarfnarfnar(tm)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
    dmarsh and LukeP like this.
  10. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

70-536, be dead easy for ya!

11. TechTock

TechTock Byte Poster

Really don't see the point in answering with the above. The guy is obviously worried about his job and has the right to try and secure his future. People have bills to pay and mouths to feed and acting like a dick isn't helpfull.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician | PRINCE2 Foundation | VCP5
    WIP: Having a rest :-)
    livingwater and Elliot28 like this.
  12. Shinigami

Shinigami Megabyte Poster

How about trying a CompTIA exam first, they're a decent basis to bigger things. I saw in another post of yours that you want to move onto servers. The Network+ exam is rather nice and would help you become a better server admin followed by a Server+ exam to fine tune general skills.

The client exams from Microsoft are usually the easiest ones, I recall my XP and MCDST exams being on the easier end of the spectrum along with the Vista/W7 exams. It's always a good idea to see things from the client side before attempting a server exam in my opinion.

Getting a cert on the server side in just 1 month cannot be achieved by all, especially if you're new to the server realm... It's better to take your time and do it well the first time around than hurry things and lose your hard earned cash when you fail the first exam attempt.

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, MCDST, MOS, CIW, Comptia
    WIP: Win7/Lync2010/MCM
  13. Elliot28

Elliot28 Bit Poster

I was thinking about Comptia in fact I was thinking about doing the Network + and CCNA combo by CommSupport, does anyone have any feedback on these course(s)

I know i originally said Microsoft but Comptia and CCNA would be good

Thanks for everyone's posts, and I apologies if my grammar does not meet up to THEIR standards.

14. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Sorry but I have to advise that the CCNA really isn't an entry level exam and definitely not something you should expect to pass in a month (even with attending Joes course). You mention that you're a desktop engineer so unless you're actually working on Cisco gear full time I would steer clear of the CCNA until you have more exposure to it (let me put it this way, I wouldn't attempt a CCNA after just doing a course and having no real world experience).

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  15. Elliot28

Elliot28 Bit Poster

I would be starting with the Network + with CommSupport, make sure I have the understanding of Networks and then move onto the CommSupport CCNA? Is this not recommended then?

Just to have something on my CV for Microsoft I was thinking of doing on of the Office Applications, the reason being I don't want there to be on the new Job Descriptions "Microsoft Certification" and then I don't even pass the paper sift.

16. TechTock

TechTock Byte Poster

As Simon points out I would stay away from CCNA until you have some experience with Cisco kit as the exam isn't really inteneded for people with no experience. If memory serves me right Cisco do have an entry exam so I would advise having a look. As pointed out also look into the Network+. I personally think the CompTIA exams aren't worth the paper they are written on these days (with the retake policy and overpriced exams) but it's worth at least studying the material and then you can make the call if to take the exam.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician | PRINCE2 Foundation | VCP5
  17. Elliot28

Elliot28 Bit Poster

When you say entry exam do you mean this one?

CCENT - Career Certifications & Paths - Cisco Systems

18. TechTock

TechTock Byte Poster

19. PPD2387

PPD2387 Byte Poster

Believe me, that wasn't me acting like a dick! I'm only trying to point out that if he is in a position where he is having to re-apply for a post, making sure there are no spelling/grammar mistakes on his CV or application is imperative, otherwise there's no point studying for any certifications!

20. Elliot28

Elliot28 Bit Poster

I'm not an idiot, of course there isn't going to be, your comment held nothing useful to my question, you as just fishing for likes that all.