Easier web stuff

Discussion in 'Internet, Connectivity and Communications' started by zxspectrum, Dec 26, 2008.

1. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

OK people, the meta tag in a page is used by a search engine to allow it to accurately list your site in their index. So with this i have a topice of the german uboat menace, and this is what i have put so far in the meta tag

<meta http-equiv="German, uboat, menace, Ww11, nazi, " content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />

So first things first, have i got it in the right format in between the commas etc, or is there a different way of doing this. I know i need to add more wording to it etc, that can be done later. As im pretty new to this dreamweaver stuff i just want to check im on the right lines berfore i start diving in.

Thanks

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  2. MLP

MLP Kilobyte Poster

Hi

I'm not sure if the method you have used would work or not, but a site I built, I used:

Code:
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />
    <meta name="keywords" content="word1, word2, word3, word4, word5, word6" />

That said, the use of meta keywords in search rankings is in decline, as described in this article.

Hope this helps

Maria

Certifications: HND Computing
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Would this page help you? I'm no web designer, but I've always found meta-tag generators useful :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Cheers for that maria, i had just found similar in regards to this matter.

As for the article, ill buse that in some way in my assignment, and hopefully the tutor will thinkn im a clever arse for finding it lol

Thanks

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680