Dungeon Siege 3 - Limited Edition

Discussion in 'Gamers Hangout' started by Kitkatninja, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Just what I needed after a very hard day at work, on the floor below the mailbox - my preordered Dungeon Siege 3 game. It was suppose to be my birthday gift last month, but the release date was pushed back. Anyway...

Unwrap the game, oh the feeling of anticipation of the game play, place it on the DVD drive, start the installer...

THE GAME WILL NOT INSTALL... No the disc seems to be fine, but the actual release date is tomorrow, because of that steam (as the game is activated through that) stops the install...

i just hope tomorrow is a better day at work. I guess another 24 hours won't kill me :(

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  2. fliquid

fliquid Nibble Poster

Haha damn Steam! :thumbdwn

My only experience with that was when they did it with COD MW2.

Tomorrow is Friday anyway so you can begin your adventure and play loooooong into the night too :D

Certifications: MCDST, A+, N+, S+, ITIL v3F, 70-642
    WIP: CCENT
  3. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

oh god, it's out? and i'm stuck in a hotel with dodgy internet and can't download it, for the next month!
    come the frack on

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  4. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

I nearly pre-ordered it yesterday when I was in Game but I plumped for Red Faction Armageddon (my budget wouldn't stretch to both, even with student discount). I'll have to wait the same month as Pheo, though eagerly await your review Ken :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  5. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

Saw a demo of this and it looked good if a little to arcady. Just hope they haven't dumbed it down for the consoles.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  6. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

Can't say it excited me personally. I fired up the demo last night, and I just found it a bit.... boring. The conversation (such as it was) was stilted and unexciting - It would likely have been better were this not included at all.

The combat just seemed clunky. I got to the point where I levelled up, then just turned it off. I couldn't really get into it very much. Which is a shame, as I need something to fill my urges until D3 comes out.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  7. Kitkatninja

So far...

Graphics, alot better than 1 and 2. However the game play is different, I can't place my finger on it (simply as I don't want to install 1 or 2 again on my system). I haven't made my mind up if I like it or not.

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
  8. JK2447

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Ooooo mate I only just found out this game exists, whats it like? I've completed them all starting on the good old PS2

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  9. Kitkatninja

Currently it kinda feels like it was aimed at the console market and then ported to the PC... I'm starting not to like this game :(

-Ken

10. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

It's *awesome* I gave it 5 starts on my Amazon review. I can't stop playing ruin mode at the minute (free-play destruction) and using my singularity cannon (black holes in a gun) and magnet gun (pick an object, select a target, and *thwack* - including entire buildings!)

get it get it get it get it get it get it

My review was obviously more thorough than that!

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  11. JK2447

done! X

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
  12. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

:oops:

:biggrin

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  13. JK2447

On a side note Ryan...... Certifications: MCITP, VCP...... ?????? and the rest!

14. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

I don't list certs that are not that pertinent to my career anymore, none of my entry level ones etc, and I dont list certs that we pre-cursor to current tier certs
    nothing grates me more than folks who feel the need to list the fact they they are an MCP, and MCP+I and MCSE and an MCSE+I before listing that they are an MCITP:EA

its obvious you were an MCP or MCTS in order to be an MCITP:EA, unless you have specific OTHER MCTS certs, then by all means list them as such :)

15. Kitkatninja

While personally I agree with that, in practice I can't. I am still running across jobs specs and jobs that can't/don't understand professional certifications. For example a couple of weeks ago, I got an info pack from a job that stated: Essential MCSE, Desirable MCP (I even confirmed this with the company).

A few months ago I came across a person who was doing interviews who knew the MCSE track, but didn't know the new MCTS/MCITP track.

While I will admit the number of these instances are reducing, until I can see that it will not hurt my chances of getting an interview (or if I go for a pure management position), personally I'm going to have to leave them in there :(

-Ken

16. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

It is far less of an issue for me in partner land though, because my certs count for stuff other than verifying (or attempting to) skills, so they generally understand what they are and what they need a lot better :)