DOS driver for VMware Workstation 6

Discussion in 'Virtual and Cloud Computing' started by philbenson, Feb 1, 2008.

1. philbenson

philbenson Byte Poster

I might be trying to achieve the impossible here but then again I might not.

I want to use MS client on a basic MS-DOS VM to link to a server so that I can demonstrate unattended installations of say XP. Trouble is the AMD PCnet adapter as used by VMware is not included in the list of supported NIC drivers (ain't that always the way!)

So anyone know where I can find a suitable DOS driver for this network card so that I can get this to work? I know there are other ways of doing this, but for the training exercise that I'm trying demonstrate, I need to do it this way. So far I have created a bootable DOS cd onto which I copied the two disk images for MS client so VM boots into DOS.

Any advice and assistance greatly appreciated..

Certifications: MCP, MCP+I, MCSE, MCSA, MCTS
    WIP: CCNA(?)
  2. philbenson

philbenson Byte Poster

Well I guess no replies since Friday means everyone agrees with me that in this day and age fiddling around with legacy DOS based network clients when we now have PXE compliant NICs is a waste of time. Gonna play around with RIS and WDS now. Much more interesting and achieves the same result.

Certifications: MCP, MCP+I, MCSE, MCSA, MCTS
    WIP: CCNA(?)