Doing CCNA with Skills-train? Let me know.

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by rwlk, Jul 9, 2006.

1. rwlk

rwlk Bit Poster

Hi.
    If your training provider is Skills-train/Scheidegger, you already know how your studies can go so slow. You always have to wait for the next "Student Progress Report" to come back before you can move on to the next chapiter's TMA. It can be frustrating especially, when you have enough time to speed up your study.

I am presently at home with all my time for a month, and i have gone far with the CCNA (intro) self-study guide, but TMAs are ways behind. I had wanted to speed up things.

Here is my idea, If someone can help me and tell me the access codes for his past TMAs, I would submit one TMA, let say, every three days!!.

Appreciate if any one can help. (if anyone needs my access codes too, let me know.)

rwlk

Certifications: B.Sc.
    WIP: CCNA, CWNA, Security+
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Surely while you are waiting for the progress report to be returned you can just carry on with the resources you have? Do you not have few more CCNA study guides\books? :blink

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. Lord Deckard

Lord Deckard Byte Poster

You are aware that with the new Student World portal, the TMA results are posted on there a day or 2 before you actually recieve the marked copy with the access codes through the post? Certainly speeding up my turnaround of TMAs, I can tell you.

Certifications: A+, MCDST
    WIP: N+ and CCNA
  4. rwlk

rwlk Bit Poster

The web "student world" is supposed to be faster than the post. But most of the time, I receive the hard copy before the report is posted on the web!!!.

I have almost finished the first guide and will go on to the ICND one. The lecture notes (the red folders) come as TMAs go. I am worried that at the end i will have to seat down and wait for all TMAs to be done before taking the Exam.

I have a month to myself and i'd wanted to speed up the course a few chapiters away.

By the way, Would it be better to take the two separate exams (INTRO then ICND) or the unique CCNA exam at once. Please, which option is better and easy?

5. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

There's no point you rushing ahead; if you fail the TMA for a chapter, you'll have to redo anyway.

What's the rush? As has already been said - there are other resources. Submit a TMA, read the next chapter, study it properly. The day your access code comes through, submit the TMA for the chapter you were studying whilst waiting for the access code - still a pretty quick turnaround!

And if your TMA's are arriving before being posted on Studentworld, there's obviously a problem with Skillstrain, and I'd contact them if I were you. I see my web copies after 2/3 days, and my hard copies after 3/4.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  6. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Each way has its advantages, and ultimately it comes down to you, the individual, to decide whch rote is the better choice for you.

Doing the two individual exams means that although it will cost you more (for the exams) you will not have as much to remember than on the individual exam route, but you may find that you will get more questions on subjects than you would if you chose to go for the single exam, meaning you will have to recall facts and figures better than in the single exam. On the other hand with the single route because there are twice the amount of subjects covered your chances of being quizzed on a subject that you do not know as well are decreased.

I would also say that it depends on how you have learnt the material, if you have studied for the INTRO and feel comfortable with its objectives then this may be a better option to get the exam out of the way before learning the ICND materials.

8)

7. rwlk

rwlk Bit Poster

Thanks guys,
    I have just sent a query to my college as to why second class mail reaches me before my progress reports on the web is updated. I will see what their answer to that will be.

Regarding the single CCNA or two separate exams, my college is offering CCNA course breaking it down into two sections. The syllabus details is quite similar to the content of Wendell Odom's CCNA self-study exam certification guides. As you said, getting one exam out of the way seems logic to me.

Thanks

rwlk