Doing all 4 A+ modules

Discussion in 'A+' started by simonp83, Apr 20, 2009.

1. simonp83

simonp83 Kilobyte Poster

Just wondering if there is a point to doing all 4 A+ modules? I know you only need to do 2, including the 601, to get A+ cert but from anyone's experience, is doing more than 2 worthwhile?

Also, just ordered my A+ Certification All-In-One Exam Guide by Mike Meyers book. Will this cover what is required for all 4 modules?

Thankyou, definately looking forward to doing A+, using it to take a break from my Microsoft modules :)

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP
    WIP: 70-291
  2. swatto

swatto Byte Poster

Hi Simon :)

The Mike Meyers AiO book does cover all modules - not sure how worthwhile it will be to do all 4 as the overlap between all four is quite alot, and as you state you only need 2 modules to get the certification.

Certifications: BTEC Nat Dip: Software Dev, A+
    WIP: None Yet
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Some training providers make you do all four modules and that is only to receive their certificate not the A+ certificate from compTIA.

There is no need in doing all four, as said above they all overlap at some point anyway.

And yes the Mike Meyers AIO does cover everything.

When reading that book do not make the mistake of splitting your reading into the sections marked as Essentials or IT Technician etc just read the whole book.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

IMO, unless there is an explict need for it (eg as a requirement from your employer) there is no real need to do all 4 exams. Your money would be better spent on doing 2 of the exams to gain your A+, then doing the Network+ or part/all of the MCDST/MCTS in Vista, beer, etc...

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. Unemployed Diogenes

Unemployed Diogenes Nibble Poster

If you have too much money, you can do that if you want..

Certifications: A+, Bachelor IT
    WIP: CCNA
  6. Gav

Gav Kilobyte Poster

Someone here has what the call a 'Triple A+'. I can't remember who it is but I remember seeing it in their profile.

7. Kitkatninja

I'm not sure if the "Triple A+" is a proper certification gained for completing all A+ tracks, or if it's a created phrase just to say that a person has completed all 3 tracks.

Hopefully Comptia will shed some light on this, a query has been sent :biggrin

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
  8. Gav

Gav Kilobyte Poster

It's what the person on here referred to it as. I thought it was just to save space because you don't get much space for that field :p

9. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

Or its an obscure reference to the AAA.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  10. Kitkatninja

Advanced Alcoholics Anonymous :biggrin

-ken

11. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

close.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present