Doing a CCNA

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by easyjt, Sep 9, 2008.

1. easyjt

easyjt New Member

I have nearly finsihed all the work for my CCNA and will soon be booking my self in for the certifaction exam. was just wondering how hard people thought the exam was etc.

2. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Surely 'how hard' will depend on how familiar you are will the material.

If you've been configuring Cisco kit for years then it might be said to be 'fairly easy'. If you haven't actually had hands on with any kit then the phrase 'very hard' comes to mind! :biggrin

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  3. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

Harry's got sound advice, but if that doesn't help...
    Assume it is very hard.

Most people I know that are past the CCNA (i.e. CCxP, but excluding CCIE) find the CCNA much more difficult because the knowledge base is so vast. It's not specific to switching or routing, etc... It's all of those topics in one exam.

4. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

If you're comfortable with the material that the exam covers then I'd feel quite happy with the exam if it were me.

Dunno what else there is to say... :p

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

They don't give you a lot of time. I would advise that you know how to subnet in your head until it becomes second nature to you, and I would also advise that you get very familiar with the CLI.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

In addition you need to know how to troubleshoot and gain information using the various commands

It is a BIG exam with a lot to know

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  7. Qs

Agreed - only awesome people get the qualification. :p

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  8. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Are you in that category then? :twisted:

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  9. Qs

Haha I was only kidding - but yeah, I have the CCNA qualification.