Doesnt Fiat Worry Anyone ?

Discussion in 'CryptoCurrency' started by dmarsh, Aug 22, 2018.

1. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Doesn't Fiat Worry Anyone ?

What are you doing to escape fiat ?

drum_dude likes this.
  2. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

I've been reading this "collapse" stuff for quite a while and I do agree that debt bubbles are going to go pop very soon. Personally, I think the EU debt bubble will be the first to go pop with regards to the southern Europe states such as Portugal, Spain, Italy and Greece. Then the question is how many UK banks are up to their necks in the debt that they own from such states?

So, the advice I've noted has been:

* Invest in gold
    * Invest in silver
    * Invest in bitcoin
    * Invest in bricks and mortar.

If the Fiat systems does collapse then I'm afraid that you cannot eat and drink the above. Also, our civilisation's method of exchange has been Fiat for quite a while and everything is geared toward that method. When things go pop, as some say they will, you can't take your bars of gold down to Sainsburys to get some bread. They won't know what to do with it. Also, in the event of such a collapse, I suspect Sainsburys will be closed because they won't be able to pay their bills, pay wages and pay suppliers. Not to mention, that without an established local market and local agreement for gold/silver (when it comes to value), such commodities will be useless.

I don't want to put a downer on things, but if Fiat collapses then I suspect the new currency will be theft/looting, killings, martial law and so on. Anyone with gold/silver will be a specific target by both gangs, mafias and government.

Enjoy the peace guys. Borrow as much as you can and spend as much as you can. After all, it's just paper.

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...