does anyone have a crystal ball????

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by paulp2974, Oct 6, 2008.

1. paulp2974

paulp2974 New Member

Just wanted to know what the real demand for IT staff is here in the UK, is there a major shortfall and what does the future hold for IT

WIP: A+
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

There is going to be no real 100% acurate answer. According to some reports there is a shortage of skilled IT professionals with a even bigger shortage coming in the future, other reports say that there are a surplus of IT staff who can not get a job in IT due to no vancanies and are moving abroad. Then there is off-shoring, it goes round in circles, one minute it great, the next minute it's the worst thing.

The same thing is happening to midwifery, there's a shortage of midwives in the UK, but the ones that are here are leaving as there are no jobs, go figure...

The IT industry is just like any other industry in the UK, it always evolves and no one knows 100% what is next...

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. paulp2974

paulp2974 New Member

That was a bit of an open question know, but thanks for the reply.

WIP: A+